Sign in to follow this  
raymar

Bring Your Coffee and Let's Sit Down

Mathijs Kok at Aerosoft was discussing extra assistance for the new simmer that purchases the incoming DA/Aerosoft CRJ add on.  Here is how Mathijs introduced the new and innovative concept on his forum:

There  will be another way to learn about this aircraft.  A good friend, a real pilot with thousands of hours on the CRJ will be doing short training 'sessions'. These will consist of short (say between 5 and 10 min) video's about certain aspects of the aircraft. The first one will be called, 'Bring Your Coffee and Let's Sit Down". 

These videos will be available shortly after release. The videos will use screengrabs of the VC, so  you will look through the eyes of the instructor. So when he explains about the fuel panel that will be focused on.

Every video will be in a forum topic and after each you can ask questions. It is really intended for our new sim users but I am sure I learn a lot as well.

Neat concept.  I'm sure the user community can suggest topics for these short tutorials.

Best Regards,

Ray

AS_CRJ_3.jpg

AS_CRJ_5.jpg

AS_CRJ_6.jpg

• Like 11

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

8 minutes ago, raymar said:

I'm sure the user community can suggest topics for these short tutorials.

I suggest one called 'For God's sake, put the lid on that coffee, we're about to do spin recovery'

• Like 8

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Excellent idea..

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Definitely Aerosoft is really invested on MSFS, and that’s good to see. They will help to bring new blood to the hobby.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Asobo could learn a thing or two about documentation from what Aerosoft is doing here.  

• Like 3

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

47 minutes ago, marsman2020 said:

Asobo could learn a thing or two about documentation from what Aerosoft is doing here.  

True true.

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

So now we think Aerosoft invented video tutorials. The hype for the CRJ is now off the rails lmao.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chapstick said:

So now we think Aerosoft invented video tutorials. The hype for the CRJ is now off the rails lmao.

I don't think they invented video tutorials.

They do seem to be accounting for the fact that they will have a lot of new users who are flying an aircraft of this level of complexity for the first time.  Their documentation has a bunch of general information about MSFS beyond just the CRJ documentation, and they are producing these videos.

The sim itself would benefit from more official documentation.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

The only video tutorials I trust are the ones from youtubers I trust. 

What we need is an old-fashioned tutorial flight, the ones you could print out, put next to your keyboard. 

Edited by Ricardo41
  • Like 1

As much as I have always loved Aerosoft's sceneries (EDDK is one of the top 3 airports for MSFS), I am extremely careful when it comes to planes.
All this hype around CRJ only inspires me with limited confidence.
Until today, the A3xx series for P3D, which has benefited from long years of development, remains buggy. VNAV's algorithms are flawed and unreliable.
As for their online support, it is particularly deaf to user complaints, they do prefer hiding problems rather than acknowledging and fixing them.

So kudos to them for this smart initiative to offer extra assistance.
But caution is required when we see that at the same time and overnight Aerosoft has simply deleted their MSFS forum, sweeping away all the problems encountered by their products on this platform.

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php

Edited by David Roch
typo
  • Like 1

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

I am really looking forward to this. The last plane I bought from Aerosoft was the A320 and it was money well spent so I will definitely buy this. They are not the first to do video tutorials but many add on producers dont do that so its still good to see.

21 minutes ago, David Roch said:

Until today, the A3xx series for P3D, which has benefited from long years of development, remains buggy. VNAV's algorithms are flawed and unreliable.
As for their online support, it is particularly deaf to user complaints, they do prefer hiding problems rather than acknowledging and fixing them.

What makes you think this release is going to be any different? This is how Aerosoft operates. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, David Roch said:

But caution is required when we see that at the same time and overnight Aerosoft has simply deleted their MSFS forum, sweeping away all the problems encountered by their products on this platform.

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/157854-the-microsoft-flight-simulator-section-of-the-forum-is-temporarily-unavailable/

10 hours ago, Chapstick said:

Who said, or even suggested, that Aerosoft invented video tutorials?