Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Aircraft Carrier - USS MSFS

13 minutes ago, superspud said:

Having pondered ...[snipped for space]

Most of that went over my head (as someone who has no experience in scenery design)!😊 But I wish you well in fixing what you can over time.👍

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

Deck cured. It's now solid all over.

I've made the ship a quarter smaller overall to account for that. It might be too big for some still but some may wish for a fighting chance with the more outlandishly large stuff. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, superspud said:

Deck cured. It's now solid all over.

I've made the ship a quarter smaller overall to account for that. It might be too big for some still but some may wish for a fighting chance with the more outlandishly large stuff. 

Excellent work. Just downloaded and installed the v1.1 update.  What a fun project. Thanks.

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

23 minutes ago, raymar said:

Excellent work. Just downloaded and installed the v1.1 update.  What a fun project. Thanks.

Somebody said the deck wasn't solid for them. I am hoping they're on the previous version.

If you have the same problem let me know and I'll boil my computer and leave the country. 

Edited by superspud

Good fun,

However making it like an AI plane with a schedule between some harbors would make it truly epic.

All the ingredients should be in the sim since for example the Icon can already float.

Asobo should look into this, since we already miss some AI planes which are according to them difficult to schedule into the game, might as well add some missing ships instead, also handy for when helicopters would become available. 

That would be awesome fun but the issue at present is making it an official runway. That can only work if it's glued on proper terrain. A runway won't acknowledge the surface of a model as valid. 

It can't be that hard for them to do. Maybe someone will decide it's worth doing.

There is a carrier section in the developer kit documentation including mentions of catapults. I'm not sure why it's there. 

Would you consider creating one off the coast of San Fran to replace the carrier that was there in older versions going back decades?

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

Yup. Someone's already asked for one there so that's next. How far off the coast is it?

I'd like to do one on each US coast, a couple in the middle of the Atlantic with fuel, one in the North Sea and then the rest will be suggestions.

Someone else wants the Black Sea. Maybe to bomb it. 

It is your carrier, you pick the exact spot. Here are 3 good choices for San Francisco Bay,  I like A or C.  B gets interferences from the Golden Gate Bridge, but is still a great location.

Ray

sfan a b c.JPG

Seems a bit... urban to me. I assumed people would want to trek out to sea a little bit. I'll create something and then see what the consensus is. 

Edited by superspud

and if you want to place one in the San Diego area, here are a couple of suggested areas.

1669163993_sandiegocarrierlocation.thumb.JPG.6a94d3e25408b776ae87e824a8f1bcc4.JPG

3 minutes ago, superspud said:

Seems a bit... urban to me. I assumed people would want to trek out to sea a little bit. I'll create something and then see what the consensus is. 

Not really, the locals are used to a lot of military traffic in the bay area.  Every day is an airshow if you have carrier practice in the bay. 🤪

MSFS 2020 is great but by God do I miss my Harrier. . .

Speed; 40 Kts, ALT- 270'. Nozzles 75.

About to plant that right in the yellow zone. Happy days.

2017-2-21-17-0-44-208.jpg

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese

The carrier in San Fran wasn't far out, just in the water, almost right under the approach to runway 10R

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

I'd prefer to trek out to sea somewhat to give me the willies myself. 

Anyway this may be rendered moot as it looks like there'll be a true carrier in town soon - https://www.facebook.com/Hard-Deck-Simulations-101100711911825

They're saying the catapult action is handled by an external program. Not sure whether it'll be an official airport or purely a surface yet. 

Edited by superspud
  • Like 1