Sign in to follow this  
mhamilto

Marketplace not working in MSFS2020 Now?

Have just installed the latest MSFS2020 update and also the latest Nvidia video driver, as of December 15 versions.   And a recent Xbox update from the Microsoft store too.  Now the Marketplace tab in MSFS is greyed out, so I cannot access it.  Has anyone had similar difficulties, and/or suggest a fix?  It seems also that I am not able to Automatically connect to the server, just getting a revolving circle that endlessly rotates.  Are the Microsoft servers working alright for everyone?   Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Mike Hamilton

Thanks for the tip, but I have nothing whatsoever in my Community folder.  Stock install only.  The issue appears to be the Automatic Server access that is looping endlessly.  I have signed out and back in with Xbox, rebooted, signed back in, and still the same, No Marketplace access as the server cannot be accessed.  Anyone else with this issue lately?

Mike Hamilton

I can fly locally but with no server access for multiplayer, etc.  I am not sure about local scenery refreshes.  The automatic access to the server is looping endlessly.  I will wait until the Tuesday update to see if this is resolved.  I am a longtime FSX, P3D, Xplane user and this is the first real problem I have had with MSFS2020.   Every one of the programs has had teething problems and I suppose this is inevitable.  I wonder how much testing goes on between updates, if it seems we are getting weekly patches now?  Perhaps it might be better to slow things down and test among specific advanced users before?   Of course, this might not be an MSFS2020 problem?  Patience is in order.

Mike Hamilton

Check in your upper right corner if you’re connected to any server. If you don’t, that would explain why your marketplace is greyed out.

One hour ago I noticed a longer spinning circle on my Check for Updates screen. Probably the servers were too busy.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I decided to change my e-mail address to my account and I'm now having the same issue as OP. No access to marketplace. I really don't care because I will not buy anything from there, but it's forcing me to log in now. According to the popup it takes 30 days to make the change o else stick with old e-mail. LOL

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Quite the process.  I eventually figured out that somewhere along the latest update process or the installation of the newest Nvidia driver that the Data tab under General had the offline box checked.  That resulted in my system not being able to access the online server, and resulted in the never ending circle loop.  So I manually reset to online access, made sure the cache size was appropriate, and sure enough, the Marketplace tab at the top was no longer greyed out.  I now have the program back where it was before the above.  Problem solved.  Thank you to all who provided suggestions on how to help.  By the way, the solutions offered more formally I did try but without success.  Hopefully the update tomorrow will go smoothly.  This is a good program with some hiccups that with time will be solved!

Mike Hamilton

Hi Mark I am getting the same problem, I suspect (but not absolutely sure) that this is since the UK upgrade and now while showing online and automatic but drop down shows no other options, have the never ending circle loop which suggests that I am actually not online. As you indicate, Marketplace is greyed out, I am also not able to get the Developer Mode download to work. Like you, I have done all the suggested  actions incl logging off Windows Store, changing passwords but so far no success.

My weather appears to be live?

Appreciate how you manually reset to online access, I do not see the "online box" you indicate.

Thanks very much

Mike

I have reinstalled Windows so am on latest version, tried running with Defender Firewalls off without improvement, notice that when I start FS2020 I am not seeing the checking for updates message - I guess as expected with appearing to be offline.

Not sure if this will help, but it appears this is the same problem with a cure: 

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5