Sign in to follow this  
roi1862

So what are the highlightes you are waiting for (next patch)

VR! Just got my first VR headset 2 minutes ago (reverb g2). Can‘t wait to try it.

Edited by Shack95
  • Like 2

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

30 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

They have said they may spring a few surprises on us.

I am hoping we might start to get a few particle effects, such as water spray/wakes, contrails etc.

The main bug fix I want is to do something with the LOD so it doesn't show the scenery pop-up and mountain/coastline morphing so badly.

Other than that, I just don't want any critical bugs introduced jut as they all go on holiday for Christmas, as this holiday will be the first time I can spend a lot of time with the sim, so I really couldn't bear it if it was broken.

From a pretty reliable source, thats a negative on the effect. Still being worked on. 😞

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shack95 said:

VR! Just got my first VR headset 2 minutes ago (reverb g2). Can‘t wait to try it.

What cpu and gpu are you running?

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

Snow, if it's well implemented. The immersion could be brilliant.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

8 minutes ago, Brandon01110 said:

What cpu and gpu are you running?

i7-8700K and RTX3080. I hope that‘s enough.

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

vehicles not driving on taxiways and runways... cant believe this is not a bigger issue with the community.

• Like 6

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

1 minute ago, Shack95 said:

I hope that‘s enough.

If a 3080 is not enough then there is gonna be some angry people.......I just bought one yesterday that I paid the scalpers price for.  I'm currently running a gtx1070 (Very little chance of running VR well for MSFS)

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

I am an IFR pilot, and I want to fly a simulator, not a pretty flying game. I like the weather to be accurate and follow the seasons. I want airliners where the buttons and dials work, autopilots that follow a plan, both for direction and flight levels. I like to start from Cold and Dark, and follow a checklist, turn on the systems in order, load a flight plan with the latest AIRAC data. Then I want the aircraft to fly "straight and Level" and in trim, and if I need to make some adjustments, I don't want the plane to collapse into a death spiral.   I want aircraft I can fly in VATSIM. I want aircraft like  Zibo 737 or Rotate MD80 in X-Plane. 
I can hear, "well, go back to X-Plane," but I bought Microsoft FLIGHT SIMULATOR 2020, not Microsoft Flight.

You asked "what am i looking for". 

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, Brandon01110 said:

That sounds pretty promising.  I wonder what kind of wait time it would be if I order after reviews.

I'll drop back in with feedback when I get mine.  I'm running a Ryzen 7 2700X and 2070 Super (in the 3080 step-up queue--might be a while).  I was totally happy with my Rift S in P3D/XP VR, but can't wait for the improved resolution and to ditch the ridiculous facebook account requirement.

-C

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, EVGA RTX3080 FTW3 Ultra, 64GB DDR4 @3600MHz

MSFS, XP11, XP12, DCS, IL-2, Falcon BMS, LMNOP

14 minutes ago, sobor said:

I am an IFR pilot, and I want to fly a simulator, not a pretty flying game. I like the weather to be accurate and follow the seasons. I want airliners where the buttons and dials work, autopilots that follow a plan, both for direction and flight levels. I like to start from Cold and Dark, and follow a checklist, turn on the systems in order, load a flight plan with the latest AIRAC data. Then I want the aircraft to fly "straight and Level" and in trim, and if I need to make some adjustments, I don't want the plane to collapse into a death spiral.   I want aircraft I can fly in VATSIM. I want aircraft like  Zibo 737 or Rotate MD80 in X-Plane. 
I can hear, "well, go back to X-Plane," but I bought Microsoft FLIGHT SIMULATOR 2020, not Microsoft Flight.

You asked "what am i looking for". 

So you want 3rd party aircraft. I take it you are trolling or simply haven’t tried any of the brilliant mods people have made for the CJ4, A320, Bonanza, Cub, or TBM, or the Garmin GPS units.  I’m sure I missed some.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, sobor said:

autopilots that follow a plan, both for direction and flight levels. I like to start from Cold and Dark, and follow a checklist, turn on the systems in order, load a flight plan with the latest AIRAC data

You can do all of that with the current version of the sim.

• Like 2

Fix bugs. Improve performance. 

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

1 hour ago, Shack95 said:

I would very much recommend that you install some other VR titles today and start using it. Most people need some time to adjust their body to using a VR headset. If not it could turn into a pukefest tomorrow 🙂 It is normal to feel nausea when starting to use VR.

• Like 1

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

Just did the tutorial. Wow! what an experience! I‘m feeling like a child on Christmas.

2 minutes ago, espent said:

I would very much recommend that you install some other VR titles today and start using it.

Yeah, I was going to do that. Any suggestions?