Sign in to follow this  
Ourgas2

Problem with joystick use. Aircraft 'shaking'.

Hi all,

I have mapped the X and Y axis to my joystick (Logitech attack 3).

The problem is that with every small movement by the joystick the aircraft makes small movements up and down, like shaking.

The inputs are not smooth and the aircraft is jumping around in the air.

Any hint?

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Just deactivate any corresponding mappings for keyboard or other inpiut devices. Before starting a flight move any axis from one end to the other en a couple of times to let MSFS know about the calibration. At least works for me with X52 Hotas.

Good luck

Mick

PC: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite, AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D, EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3080 TI, DDR5 G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo 2X32 GB, Corsair HX 1000, Fractal Torrent, Samsung LC32 / G7 1440P.

Setting both ends of the 'sensitivity' curve to something like -50 will reduce chance of plane reacting too sharply and suddenly, which is especially annoying when making small adjustments to line up when landing.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I've pretty much given up on my Attack 3 stick. I've tested it on a friends PC with MSFS installed today and it's just as bad.  I've tried every tweak I can find over about 4 weeks and I can't tune the sensitivity out of it even though it works flawlessly in FSX with the stick_sensitivity_mode=0 setting.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

I find a deadzone to be very important in keeping any jitter that the stick has from causing the in-sim stick to shake.  Then again, my CH Products devices have a known noise issue, which was reduced but not eliminated by using a powered USB2 hub.

Edited by marsman2020

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

8 minutes ago, marsman2020 said:

I find a deadzone to be very important in keeping any jitter that the stick has from causing the in-sim stick to shake.  Then again, my CH Products devices have a known noise issue, which was reduced but not eliminated by using a powered USB2 hub.

CH are pretty awful.

One thing that helped with my CH pedals was removing the calibration in Windows and resetting to default in Win10 settings.  With CH pedals there seems to be a conflict between the windows calibration and the MSFS sensitivities.

A better solution will be for me to "remove" the CH pedals entirely, and replace them with something less toy like - all in good time.

My 20 year old MS FFB2 on the other hand has been flawless, Linear curve with no sensitivity adjustment needed, just increased the forces a tad in XPforce so you cannot just flap the stick about willy nilly and it is perfect.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

Thank you. It worked. It was the Windows calibration that was causing the problem. I also had to unplug and replug the CH RUDDER PEDAL, after I reset to default in USB CONTROLLER SETTINGS OF windows 10. My Aircraft control has never been better. I can do “Butter” smooth landings. Thank you thank you thank you.