Sign in to follow this  
BWBriscoe

Best Gatwick (EGKK) scenery for v5

Hi...which version of EGKK is the best for P3Dv5?

Ben

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

I have the UK2000 one, which I think is very good, and is also current on sale.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Ben,

Well I would normally say the UK2000 version but the write-up of the Jennasoft product also indicates that this is a comparable and perhaps a better, more up-to-date scenery.

https://fselite.net/reviews/jennasoft-london-gatwick-egkk-the-fselite-review/

However while Jennaosft claim its P3Dv5 compatible, looking at the small print the claim is it supports v5.0 but is explicitly stated that v5.1 is NOT compatible.

Given this the UK2000 scenery is still probaly the better choice to go for right now. I also anticipate Gary will update the current scenery to the HD range and maybe there will be an upgrade offer on this at some stage.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

1 hour ago, aldridgem said:

... However while Jennaosft claim its P3Dv5 compatible, looking at the small print the claim is it supports v5.0 but is explicitly stated that v5.1 is NOT compatible. ...

That's strange, I've always thought that "Dot Updates" don't interfere with compatibility. Obviously I'm wrong.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I guess there will be a UK2000 Gatwick 2021 update. I have read about this somewhere

4 hours ago, Nemo said:

That's strange, I've always thought that "Dot Updates" don't interfere with compatibility. Obviously I'm wrong.

theres a bit of fiddling with the jennasoft version to get it to work if you own true earth, but the scenery is far from finished and the developer has now moved onto a different project.  

as for garrys cheap, cheerfull and somewhat unexciting dull dross version, yes it would be nice if he updated it to one of his "hd" scenerys.   

as ive said before im sure gary is a lovely bloke, but alot of his scenerys look the same as they did 10 years ago.  you get what you pay for in life.  His HD ones are OK, but nothing really to write home about, when you see what other devs are capable of.

no doubt people will come running to his rescue here as normal.  EGKK is one of the biggest let downs in the community history. in my opinion  (mods get all upset if you dont add that line) 

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

Agree with fluffyflops here. EGKK hasn't had a brilliant scenery.

I own Gary's and I like it. I am a Londoner, so I really wanted a Gatwick scenery, and I picked Gary's because his more recent 2020 products seem nice, (He is making a Gatwick 2020) and the upgrade path to them seems very inviting. Plus, he is great with tech support, which is a big plus for me.

Jennasoft is without a doubt the better scenery right now. In my opinion, certain areas look a bit odd, but it's got PBR and is up to date.

However it is known to have bugs and the dev isn't very active on support I've heard. Might be wrong though. 

It all depends on what you want out of a scenery purchase..

Gatwick does feel a bit neglected. I would love to see someone like JetstreamDesigns or MKStudios cover it well. Same goes for Heathrow, but less so.

Edited by Canine Crew

4 hours ago, Canine Crew said:

However it is known to have bugs and the dev isn't very active on support I've heard. Might be wrong though. 

correct he moved onto doing other scenerys. 

14ppkc-6.png