Sign in to follow this  
ThomseN_inc

FBW A320 stuttering?

On 12/22/2020 at 12:50 AM, ThomseN_inc said:

Hello,

So today i did a first attempt to fly the FBW A320 which is obviously a great mod!

But i get a quite annoying stutter every few seconds which is a gamebreaker for me. I am running @30Hz and about every 5 seconds FPS drop to 25-26 like there is something loaded in the background or so...

Is it just me or is anyone else having this issue?

FYI the default A320 is working perfectly now and is less CPU demanding. I am using that now.

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

It's an unpopular opinion, but the A32NX does cause stutters, and degraded overall performance, it's a fact. More worrying to me even, they thought it's a good idea to replace the sounds with horribly recorded "realistic" sounds that completely ruin the plane. This plays out just like the Zibo... an endless circle of new versions with new bugs, "fixed" autopilot that is actually not fixed at all, and in the near future a 10+ FPS hit. No thank you.

• Like 2

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

18 minutes ago, Colonel X said:

opinion

indeed an opinion only as I don't see any stutters on my meager system with just an i5-2500k (not oc'ed) but I am flying in rather low res (not 4k or something as fancy) and mostly in high settings only

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

11 minutes ago, DAD said:

indeed an opinion only as I don't see any stutters on my meager system with just an i5-2500k (not oc'ed) but I am flying in rather low res (not 4k or something as fancy) and mostly in high settings only

Well if you do a straight comparison, vanilla 320 vs FBW, you will also see that there's a hit. Of course it depends on settings and hardware, but it's there.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

I love the FBW work but I'm not keen on having to turn off the FO PFD and ND and set instrument refresh rate to low to get smoothish performance.

Those are the three settings which make the difference. Using Medium, High or Ultra graphics doesn't make a great deal of difference in my testing. (This is using 0.5. Have not tried the 0.51 yet)

I know they plan to look at increasing the performance of the glass in the future.

Stu

• Like 1

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

I run vanilla A320 on a maxed out sim and it is butter smooth on my system. FBW is with same options (even lowered display refresh rate) very stuttery. I have to lower my settings to be able to fly it stutter free.

I know the FBW team is working on that and they already did a tremendeous effort and a great job providing us with the free mod.

When it will reach maturity it will be my honour to make a donation to them.

• Like 1

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

Yes the fbw is causing my sim to pause/stutter so much I've removed it.  If I look at the frametimes comparing vanilla a320 vs fbw a320 then they couldn't be more different.  Same airport/flight plan etc and the vanilla a320 frametimes are pretty much a flat line with the odd hiccup here and there but the fbw makes it look like an ECG scan with a regular blip almost every second which seems bizarre. These blips coincide with the stutter/pause.  In the cockpit it's even worse no matter what the refresh rate is set to.  The frametimes are all over the place there.

For me this seems to be a new thing so perhaps the latest asobo patch has had some effect?

For me the attraction of the FBW has reduced hugely with the latest work that Asobo has done on the original A320. I also can't stand the sound of the wheels hitting the runway lights on take off. Surely if the plane does not roll exactly down the middle of the runway you would not get these at all.

The lights on a runway are typically a little offset from the centre line to allow pilots to avoid just that. However, it is common to hear the odd burst of hits as corrections are made both during take off and landing but one would hope not to hit each and every one of them - as one seems to do in the A320NX - regardless of one's aircraft position in relation to them.

centerline-lights.jpg

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese

On 12/27/2020 at 4:39 AM, CJ1045 said:

For me the attraction of the FBW has reduced hugely with the latest work that Asobo has done on the original A320. I also can't stand the sound of the wheels hitting the runway lights on take off. Surely if the plane does not roll exactly down the middle of the runway you would not get these at all.

On 12/27/2020 at 5:30 AM, Will Fly For Cheese said:

The lights on a runway are typically a little offset from the centre line to allow pilots to avoid just that. However, it is common to hear the odd burst of hits as corrections are made both during take off and landing but one would hope not to hit each and every one of them - as one seems to do in the A320NX - regardless of one's aircraft position in relation to them.

centerline-lights.jpg

yes, this was voted by the community to be included for now as we cannot get a centerline simvar. this will be added to that simvar later. We might make it so it follows the offsets of it.