Sign in to follow this  
mrauh

HP G2 on SteamVR: How do I get an EFB Window into VR?

Hi,

having been a long tiime Oculus Rift user on flyinside I received my HP Reverb G2 today. I eagerly tried it out with SteamVR and the inbuilt VR in P3DV4.5. The visuals are indeed greatly improved. The two things I find a bit annoying are the rather small sweet spot so that you constantly have to move your head instead of just your eyes in order to see something clearly. Also the tracking doesn't work quite as expected as there are frequent erratic movements that I swear are not caused by my head movements 😉 Maybe I'll figure out how to get rid of those.

Anyway: the thing I really liked about flyinside was that I could display external programs in a window directly in the cockpit. I would be able to easily refer to SimtoolkitPro which had my flightplan and also NavdataPro. Is there a way to do the same thing in SteamVR?

Thanks for suggestions

Matt

Look for OVR Toolkit on Steam. There's good support on the guys Discord channel for setting it up. It worked for me with the G1 and P3D. Though it might be worth checking G2 compatibility.

I'm still really struggling with this.  I use Navigraph, and unfortunately they don't have a windows APP (which I believe you can then import into P3D).  You can view the desktop Navigraph program in P3D, but you always need the P3D view to be able to use the mouse in the cockpit, so if you maximise Navigraph and then import it into the VR virtual cockpit, you can't use the mouse in the actual cockpit.

There must be a way of viewing charts.  As Matt says, FlyInside (which I used for a while) allowed you to open any program inside VR and resize and move it really easily.  I am yet to find a solution with the G2.

beta.gif