Sign in to follow this  
leprechaunlive

Goose is BACK

2 hours ago, cavaricooper said:

Run one engine up a bit further and don't start the other until mid channel... haven't flown her yet, but that's not uncommon (as long as the water rudder works).

Water rudder on a Goose? No no no no 🙂 Thats not fun 🙂 althought i admit the differential throttling needs tweaking 🙂

• Like 1

It doesn't show up in my planes list...am i missing something here?

Put everything into the community folder.

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

55 minutes ago, ThomseN_inc said:

It doesn't show up in my planes list...am i missing something here?

Put everything into the community folder.

Following XLS_DRiver's suggestion  I made a new folder in the Community folder titled ozx-aircraft-goose-hd.  I then placed the downloaded zipped file there and unzipped it.  I then placed the unzipped files into the new main folder (Just moved them from the containing folder.).  A round about way but the Goose now shows up.

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

16 minutes ago, Bill Griffith said:

Following XLS_DRiver's suggestion  I made a new folder in the Community folder titled ozx-aircraft-goose-hd.  I then placed the downloaded zipped file there and unzipped it.  I then placed the unzipped files into the new main folder (Just moved them from the containing folder.).  A round about way but the Goose now shows up.

Bill

Thx! Works now!

• Like 1

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

22 minutes ago, ThomseN_inc said:

Thx! Works now!

Thanks to XLS_DRiver.  😊  I'm glad that you got it going too.  👍  Happy Holidays to you.  I just took off from Boise (KBOI) and flew to Lake Lowell, landed on the water, took off and flew back to Boise.  It is fun to fly but a pain to turn on the water.  😁  It taxis fine for me on the ground.

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

11 hours ago, 109Sqn said:

It's happening without me even touching anything. If I tap on the Fly button and leave the controller untouched, it still happens.😕

And that's without anything else in the Community folder.

I think you spawn with the engines at idle and these engines will die eventually at idle, at least when cold.  

No idea if the real aircaft does that, but I suppose it is possible, my 500cc Enfield does it when cold, you need to blip the throttle at traffic lights.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

I think you spawn with the engines at idle and these engines will die eventually at idle, at least when cold.  

Ok, I can see the sense in that since all aircraft are at idle if spawned on the runway, and, as mentioned earlier, the Goose (this model at least) will cut out at idle. I'll see if spawning then immediately adding just a little throttle whilst leaving the parking brake on makes a difference.

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

On 12/24/2020 at 2:58 PM, leprechaunlive said:

Water rudder on a Goose? No no no no 🙂 Thats not fun 🙂 althought i admit the differential throttling needs tweaking 🙂

Sorry- too much Xmas spirit. Hope your day was celebratory also 🙂

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

1 hour ago, cavaricooper said:

Sorry- too much Xmas spirit. Hope your day was celebratory also 🙂

C

Thanks! Dont worry, your not the first ask, and it might come as an option in the next iteration, as aparently, one goose had aftermarket water rudder fitted. 

4 hours ago, leprechaunlive said:

Thay landing was amazing 🙂 you got caught by the idle monster at the end 🙂

Thanx. The descent rate is quite high with 60 flaps and low throttle even with stick right back, the trick seems to be add some throttle once your around 50/100 feet off the water to arrest the descent rate then throttle back again so she settles.

Yeah I missed seeing the oil lights come on which is the giveaway the engines are about to stop 😄

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 1

Right, now that I know why my engines cut out shortly after spawning, how about being able to change the default camera view? Every other aircraft spawns in Pilot view, but this one is on the plane's nose.

Presumably there is an entry in the Goose's CFG flie I can change, but I don't know what. I could probably compare its CFG to that of another aircraft, line by line, but that could take a while! If anyone knows what I need to change, I'd be grateful.🙂

Really not sure why this one had broken the unwritten rule of starting in Pilot view.😕

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

1 hour ago, 109Sqn said:

Right, now that I know why my engines cut out shortly after spawning, how about being able to change the default camera view? Every other aircraft spawns in Pilot view, but this one is on the plane's nose.

Presumably there is an entry in the Goose's CFG flie I can change, but I don't know what. I could probably compare its CFG to that of another aircraft, line by line, but that could take a while! If anyone knows what I need to change, I'd be grateful.🙂

Really not sure why this one had broken the unwritten rule of starting in Pilot view.😕

And that wouldnt help you since the referencer point from wich the measurements starts is so different with every aircraft 🙂 i'll talk to Wookiee about it, we'll figure something out. 

The Goose spawns in pilot view for me its unusual that yours is backwards.

• Like 1