Sign in to follow this  
leprechaunlive

Goose is BACK

38 minutes ago, Cmcollazo71 said:

I over stressed the poor old bird, hadn’t flown anything of its vintage in a while, far cry from all the modern kit in the sim at the moment...🛫

Maybe someone can mod the old girl with thrust vectoring and sidewinders!

• Like 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

11 hours ago, DJJose said:

Aside from the AH2 issue, do you recommend the Seminole? The sale price is tempting.

So long as you are aware that it is typical Carenado fare and keep your expectations there, then yes, I do recommend it, i.e. it's not anything like an A2A study job of an aeroplane where everything is super-duper exactly like the real thing performance-wise, but it is in spite of that still good fun and of course being a Carenado aeroplane, you can't fault the looks.

• Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Done a few limited flights.  It seems to behave as expected (not that I have ever flown a real one).

The cockpit detail, even behind you, is awesome and I do like the way the passenger cabin is modelled even though you normally do not see it.

Totally love the radial sound and the way it takes a fair while for a throttle change to make any difference to engine speed.  Just having a radial in game is such a pleasant change from the boring and ubiquitous turbines.  This clip says it all when it comes to radial engines versus turbines:

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

23 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

Yea, she needs refining 🙂 why do you turn on stress crash anyway? 🙂

Always have! Long ago (ca. 1996) it was to see if I was dumb enough to break the planes, now it’s to see if I’m smart enough not to! 😃

I guess that’s the answer to that?!??

24 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

Maybe someone can mod the old girl with thrust vectoring and sidewinders!

Ha! Yeah how about a ballistic recovery chute a la Cirrus while we’re at it! 🥸

• Upvote 1

OK So looks like we’ve narrowed down the CTD issue being either:

• No SoundAI folder
  • Some issue with LODs

I’m guessing it’s the former and so have to try replicate the issue first so that I can test my fix. Hoping to get a hotfix out before XMas but that will be the last update until late Jan.

• Like 2

You can find the online manual for all of our planes here: https://bigradials.com/pages/documentation
Join us on discord and chat with all the other Big Radials fans: https://discord.gg/4UpzKVSSqZ

21 minutes ago, OzWookiee said:

• No SoundAI folder
  • Some issue with LODs

I’m guessing it’s the former and so have to try replicate the issue first so that I can test my fix. Hoping to get a hotfix out before XMas but that will be the last update until late Jan.

Thanks!!

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

10 hours ago, DJJose said:

I can confirm that the Goose is causing CTDs. Tried in different regions and got CTDs. Removed airplane. No CTD.

Confirmed by the developer.

They know apparently WHAT causes it but apparently are unlikely to have time to fix it until well into January.

• Like 1

Flies okay but for some reason it loads in my sim with no liveries applied. Dunno what I've done wrong to have that occur. I unzipped it to the Community folder. Is there something else you need to do?

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

24 minutes ago, Chock said:

Flies okay but for some reason it loads in my sim with no liveries applied. Dunno what I've done wrong to have that occur. I unzipped it to the Community folder. Is there something else you need to do?

I guess try redownloading and reinstalling.  Ya I just unzipped it in the community folder and have all liveries.

51 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Confirmed by the developer.

They know apparently WHAT causes it but apparently are unlikely to have time to fix it until well into January.

Negative

CTD FIX (some):

Bit tedious, but go to your aircraft.cfg located here "Community\ozx-aircraft-goose-hd\SimObjects\Airplanes\OZx-aircraft-Goose-G21A" and with a text editor change all entries
"isairtraffic=1" to "isairtraffic=0".

OR

CTD FIX METHOD FOR THE LAZY:
Go there 
-Community\ozx-aircraft-goose-hd\SimObjects\Airplanes\OZx-aircraft-Goose-G21A

Find aircraft.cfg. Back it up somewhere safe

replace with this one.

https://gofile.io/d/g1KCQE

Disclaimer, not responsible if your computer explodes.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, OzWookiee said:

• No SoundAI folder
  • Some issue with LODs

We are grateful that you decided to release as early access and I'm well aware that this lovely bird will only get better. Thanks!

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Yikes!  Looks like the Goose is very popular - It has over worked the server!  😁  

Sorry, you can't view or download this file at this time.

Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently. 

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

17 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Yikes!  Looks like the Goose is very popular - It has over worked the server!  😁  

Sorry, you can't view or download this file at this time.

Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently. 

Should also be on Sim-Outhouse 🙂

• Like 1