Sign in to follow this  
Blackthorn

Dec 22 update - what time of day?

At roughly what time of day are we expecting the 22 Dec update?

The reason I ask is that I am experiencing a CTD on launch (at the Monument Valley scene). I have tried quite a few remedies and the only thing left (I think) is to re-install. However I was thinking of waiting for the new update before taking that rather drastic and time-consuming step, in the vain hope that the update may cure the problem. (You never know.)

1 minute ago, Ian C said:

At roughly what time of day are we expecting the 22 Dec update?

The reason I ask is that I am experiencing a CTD on launch (at the Monument Valley scene). I have tried quite a few remedies and the only thing left (I think) is to re-install. However I was thinking of waiting for the new update before taking that rather drastic and time-consuming step, in the vain hope that the update may cure the problem. (You never know.)

Monument Valley scene.

Did you try removing it from the mods folder?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

If it's not delayed, sometime today. 😀

Just now, DJJose said:

Monument Valley scene.

Did you try removing it from the mods folder?

I mean it crashes at the slideshow that you get when you launch the app. It shows various scenes from the USA update (Monument Valley, Statue of Liberty etc). I've already deleted everything from the Community folder.

3 minutes ago, MattGarner said:

They normally release them in the afternoon/early evening (UK Time)

OK thanks - I might wait until then.

The update runs before the monument valley picture I believe, so there may be a 50/50 chance it could recover, as it should validate all of the files in the official folder.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

5 minutes ago, Ian C said:

I mean it crashes at the slideshow that you get when you launch the app. It shows various scenes from the USA update (Monument Valley, Statue of Liberty etc). I've already deleted everything from the Community folder.

There's a MSFS mods folder. Search for the scenery you think is causing the problem and just move it temporarily. This is one way to test, but this could be something else.

Did you make any changes to any of the configuration files? If so I would put them back to the way they were and see if that helps.

i9-13900K @ 5.8Ghz / Asus TUF 4090 OC / 32 GB DDR 5 / Corsair 1000W PS /  Pimax Crystal / 2 SATA SSD / 2TB M2 SSD/ DOF Reality H3 motion platform/ Win 11 

For a major update, it's normally about 4 PM GMT.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

51 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

The update runs before the monument valley picture I believe, so there may be a 50/50 chance it could recover, as it should validate all of the files in the official folder.

OK thanks - so it's maybe worth waiting.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Gate99 said:

Did you make any changes to any of the configuration files? If so I would put them back to the way they were and see if that helps.

Thanks for your reply. No - I haven't changed any of the configuration files, so it can't that unfortunately.

47 minutes ago, eaim said:

For a major update, it's normally about 4 PM GMT.

Thanks - if the update doesn't help that gives me time to re-install before midnight maybe!

Edited by Ian C
added a few words

49 minutes ago, DJJose said:

There's a MSFS mods folder. Search for the scenery you think is causing the problem and just move it temporarily. This is one way to test, but this could be something else.

Is that the same as the "Community" folder? I've emptied the Community folder.

7 minutes ago, Ian C said:

Is that the same as the "Community" folder? I've emptied the Community folder.

No.

Official/OneStore folder should contain all the installed mods from marketplace.