Sign in to follow this  
Fynus

PA44 Bugs

Hello everyone,

the PA44 is not enjoyable at this point and using vatsim not even flyable. There are major bugs that happen only with this airplane while also using default Avionics.

1. Avionic freeze as mentioned here before, OBS and CDI button still working. Being on vatsim the com switch button does work and it changes the frequencies but it wont display the change and any change with the knob to select a different freq.
  2. Using the AP in GPS or VLOC mode gives me slow turning rates which results in bad accuarcy.

This things do not happen with the default airplanes or modded airplanes.

Best regards

Which simulator? I have no problems with the PA44 in P3DV4.4.

Felix

Additional bug after sim update 2:

- no GPS signal is given to the CDI in the HSI only NAV sources from VOR are tracked, changing GPS to VLOC mode does nothing

• Like 1

red flag next to NAV in HSI, so GPS/NAV inputs are messed up 

glide slope is inop (see above)

obs knob does not turn dial

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Also the increments of the heading bug and course are in 10º... is difficult to set 1º or 2º correction...

• Upvote 1

Intel i9 13900KS - MSI MEG Z790 ACE Gaming - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - Corsair 32GB DDR5 7200MHz Dominator Platinum RGB - Samsung 1TB + 3x 2TB 980 Pro M.2 SSD Raid 0 - LG 4K 55" OLED C1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2 PSU - Virpil Constellation Alpha L & R Grips + MongoosT-50CM2 Grip + MongoosT-50CM2 Base + MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle + Control Panel #2 + Ace Collection Pedals - Honeycomb Alpha XPC + Bravo - Stream Deck XL + PLUS - Corsair K100 OPX RGB Platinum + Nightsword RGB + MM800 RGB Polaris + 7000D Airflow Black Case - Tobii Eye Tracker 5 using OpenTrack - Wharfedale Evo 4.2 Speakers - SVS SB-2000 Pro Subwoofer - Bluesound POWERNODE - Herman Miller Embody Chair Black - ButtKicker Gamer PRO

1 hour ago, Dexter1979 said:

Also the increments of the heading bug and course are in 10º... is difficult to set 1º or 2º correction...

Thats a problem with some hardware, like my Honeycomb Alpha yoke. The trick (unfortunately) is to delete all switch assignments which are not on the yoke itself (i.e. all switches on the mounting case)

• Like 1

i checked the status of the ticket i filed at carenado, it now says "solved" so maybe we'll get a patched version soon.

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

installed v1.2 and hsi is still not working.  cdi/vloc doesn't do a thing.

On 1/16/2021 at 12:39 PM, kdfw__ said:

installed v1.2 and hsi is still not working.  cdi/vloc doesn't do a thing.

+1

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

Same here, but they are aware of it after sending a zendsk ticket.

But now I get CTD for the first flight of the day when using the PA44. Not sure why and how tho.