Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Sim Update 2 (1.12.13.0) is now live!!!

10 hours ago, robert young said:

TURBO BONANZA V3

Someone posted earlier in this thread that my Bonanza Turbo V3 mod is now not working. Well I've just flown it, and all the liveries show and it performs pretty much how it is meant to, so the person who claimed it was broken is misinformed, unless I am mistaken. Nor do the lights show through the model skins as he claimed. I haven't tested everything but a quick flight seems to confirm it is ok. 

Thanks, Rob. Yeah, I took it for a spin last night and didn't notice anything unusual. Someone reported that the taxi lights were shining up into the cockpit, but that was not my experience either. I did notice some strange behavior IMMEDIATELY after applying the patch (as I had left the Bonanza in my Community folder when the update was applied). Restarting the sim resolved any issues I may have had. The A/P tracking seems to have improved to the point of being usable again - so yay for that.

FWIW, I found that dialing back the reactivity just a touch and dampening the extremes creates a smoother control input profile for my yoke that makes this an even greater joy to fly. Probably not the settings you want if flying an aerobatic aircraft, but for GA, it's a nice add to the sim.

Edited by DAL1850
Because I wanted to
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, MrFuzzy said:

Did anyone notice a worse CPU optimization with this patch?

I assume you meant CPU utilization, but yes, performance is down, and my CPU is working overtime now and fans were screaming up a storm post-patch

• Like 1

What does the reactivity setting really do anyways. It seems to only do anything if there are huge control inputs, not fine and small ones.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

1 hour ago, DAL1850 said:

Thanks, Rob. Yeah, I took it for a spin last night and didn't notice anything unusual. Someone reported that the taxi lights were shining up into the cockpit, but that was not my experience either. I did notice some strange behavior IMMEDIATELY after applying the patch (as I had left the Bonanza in my Community folder when the update was applied). Restarting the sim resolved any issues I may have had. The A/P tracking seems to have improved to the point of being usable again - so yay for that.

FWIW, I found that dialing back the reactivity just a touch and dampening the extremes creates a smoother control input profile for my yoke that makes this an even greater joy to fly. Probably not the settings you want if flying an aerobatic aircraft, but for GA, it's a nice add to the sim.

Yes, the new sensitivity settings are reasonably ok.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

32 minutes ago, robert young said:

Yes, the new sensitivity settings are reasonably ok.

What are the settings you'd recommend as a starting point, Robert?

7 hours ago, Alpine Scenery said:

Things have always floated way too much above the runway in this game, landings and takeoffs are the main issue. Flying isn't perfect in the air either, but that is not as problematic as it's easier to deal with. I'd say landings are the biggest issue, it just doesn't feel right at all in almost any plane. You are at a perfect landing speed full of fuel and it still coasts over the runway even just a touch above stall speed sometimes. I know there are a few planes in real life that are hard to set down, but not this bad, and besides if RL flying were like this, then like 1 in every 4 landings would end up being a go-around.

I fix this issue in any plane where I can get to the  flight_model.cfg file.

August brought the 3rd party blackbox desgin: Birdog vintage Cessna pre runner to the 150, 172, etc. Which floated on landings even worse than all of Asobo's. The cure took 2 minutes:

// station_load.0 =170,  0, 0, -0, Station 1
// station_load.1 =170,  2.0, -0, -0, Station 2
// station_load.2 =100,  3.8, -0, -0.7, Station 3

station_load.0 =170, -2,   0,  -0, Station 1
station_load.1 =170,  0,  -0,  -0, Station 2
station_load.2 =100, 1.8, -0,  -0.7, Station 3

See, I just move things forward so it is as nose heavy as real life.  I could also make the guy in the front seat weigh 300 pounds instead of 170, and the guy behind him 100 pounds instead of 170. Same difference. But I just move both persons and the cargo (the 3 station_loads) forward 2 feet (or whatever the units are, maybe meters). Now it feels real instead of like a feather when I land the Birdog!

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I was disappointed that MSFS did not have a payload center of gravity slider for small adjustments in that handy overhead menu where you can change the fuel in the tanks.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Fake looking snow in society nowadays! Santa is stepping in it 😞

2200.jpg?width=645&quality=45&auto=forma

4 hours ago, ahsmatt7 said:

What does the reactivity setting really do anyways. It seems to only do anything if there are huge control inputs, not fine and small ones.

Reactivity adds some latency between when you apply an input at the control and the response on the control surfaces of the aircraft. This is something you probably want to tune on a per-aircraft basis. If you adjust it too dramatically, the controls might feel slushy and unresponsive. If you set it to something extreme (< 25%) you'll feel the effect immediately; I doubt you'll enjoy it. 75%-80% seems to be a good balance for me but I'm still tweaking. A lot will be personal preference depending on how much physical resistance your yoke/stick offers and hardware latency it has. With my yoke, it offers too little resistance and makes precision inputs problematic - dialing back the reactivity makes things a bit less "spastic" and allows me to ease into a bank or a pitch adjustment.

The extreme zone adjustment just flattens the acceleration curve....basically they lower the maximum deflection at the input extremes. The consequence of this is that you get a bit finer resolution in the range of control motion that you actually care about when flying the aircraft. The downside is that you lose the full range of motion which you probably care about if you're flying acrobatic aircraft and need that full control deflection.

Edited by DAL1850
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DAL1850 said:

The extreme zone adjustment just flattens the acceleration curve....basically they lower the maximum deflection at the input extremes. The consequence of this is that you get a bit finer resolution in the range of control motion that you actually care about when flying the aircraft. The downside is that you lose the full range of motion which you probably care about if you're flying acrobatic aircraft and need that full control deflection.

I took the time to redo the extreme zone adjustments for all 20 standard edition aircraft and all add-on planes individually in their flight_model.cfg files. (effectiveness). Because I actually wanted to fly them with controls, not just autopilots. The behavior at controller extremes with so little force required and so easy to go there, resulted in a response that the world's aviation overseeing agencies would never have allowed in a certified aircraft.

Asobo now gives us a tool to fix this in one place for all aircraft, including planes with hidden files.

\/\/TF. First time playing after patch. 

First attempt = CTD right after take off

Second attempt = heading selector spins infinitely and then keyboard stops working

???

Edited by NightOfDreams

1 minute ago, NightOfDreams said:

\/\/TF. First time playing after patch. 

First attempt = CTD right after take off

Second attempt = heading selector spins infinitely and then keyboard stops working

???

Do you have anything in your community folder?

1 minute ago, Tuskin38 said:

Do you have anything in your community folder?

Yes, I just started using the CJ4 mod. Should I delete everything else? 

I've been flying MSFS since Aug 18 and haven't had a CTD for a long time, until now

Just now, NightOfDreams said:

Yes, I just started using the CJ4 mod. Should I delete everything else? 

I've been flying MSFS since Aug 18 and haven't had a CTD for a long time, until now

The most recent version of the CJ4 mod should be good.