Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Sim Update 2 (1.12.13.0) is now live!!!

7 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

The most recent version of the CJ4 mod should be good.

I have that and removed everything else community folder.

CTD happened shortly after take-off in Las Vegas, first time flying the CJ4. I'm wondering if my PC runs out of memory because it freezes for a few seconds and then crashes. I'll try turning down settings from Ultra to High.

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5fda32ba
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5fda32ba
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000020906de
Faulting process id: 0x2068
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6d98c3085aaf1
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.12.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.12.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: 154fe209-6009-418c-b61b-670d306cf099
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.12.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Edited by NightOfDreams

Are people seeing significantly higher sys RAM use?  Loaded up a short flight out of KRNO this morning and was at nearly 18GB which seemed way higher than typical for that kind of setting.

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

13 hours ago, sidfadc said:

The point here is people are Giving advice you must move all community mods BEFORE the update or else it will cause the update to fail - this is wrong!

From the official forums:

Do I need to do anything with add-ons in the community folder?
While most of the time it is safe to leave files in the community folder, backing up files is never a bad idea. This can be done easily by moving the content from your community folder to a temporary location on your hard drive before applying the patch and replacing after testing the new version.

They are not saying that it will cause the update to fail, simply that it may cause issues and it's a good idea to update without the mods and test the update before putting them back in. That way if it fails after putting the mods back in you know it's a mod issue and not a update one.

I'd say it's even better to also shut down and reboot after patching. I've previously seen issues crop up after a patch that after a reboot go away.

Edited by Phantoms
  • Like 1

James

39 minutes ago, Noel said:

Are people seeing significantly higher sys RAM use?  Loaded up a short flight out of KRNO this morning and was at nearly 18GB which seemed way higher than typical for that kind of setting.

Not so far such as when flying 787 from San Diego to Glacier National Park, memory usage is 12 to 14 GB, almost exactly the same as before (have 32 GB total). It does seem to be increasing as my flight progresses, but not at an alarming rate.

Edited by Alpine Scenery

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

14 hours ago, sidfadc said:

The point here is people are Giving advice you must move all community mods BEFORE the update or else it will cause the update to fail - this is wrong!

sidadc,

This may appear somewhat pedantic and no offence is intended, but, I have never seen a statement like "You MUST move all community mods BEFORE etc"  I personally think it is good advice and in addition, I move the entire Community folder prior to re-install or update, not just the mods. I just feel (with no qualifying documentation, other than discussions in this forum) that it may be wiser to move before the update as it takes some errors out of the equation IMO.  It adds no extra work, detailed thinking, or time which is a lengthy process at best. This is of course, if problems in the outgoing Community folder are not, in fact, the cause of the re-install in the first place.

I think the point here, is that people are offering this advice in order to help others, and there is absolutely no need for anyone to follow that offered advice if they get a preferred version of it. Before or after, is at best, I think, a moot point and not really something we should be debating. I find that my system works, and I stress, FOR ME and offer my advice on that basis.

The obvious "Hang on a minute" should come from highly qualified or technical people (I am not saying that you are NOT, either) and if there is a specific reason for After or Before, they could, or maybe, should, elucidate and tell us why.

Lastly, I think a vast majority of simmers who offer advice, do so with few, if any qualifications. They do this with the very best of intentions, and generally, from experience regarding what works for THEM.  Given the vagaries of MSFS and the fact that many, many people are affected differently, obviously, most of us are aware, that fixes, may or may not, work. The good thing about a re-install, is that incorrect advice may at worst, require yet another re-install. This is based on the "suck it and see" method.

Regards

Tony 

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

15 hours ago, CJ1045 said:

Very happy with updates for my favourite plane. Will try FBW again soon (my normal version of the Airbus) but was curious as to how the standard plane performed and it was excellent.

Is the default A320 still flying like on steroids?

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

On 12/23/2020 at 5:32 AM, captain420 said:

A lot of us are getting that post update. Not sure what is going on, but I hope we won't have to wait another month to address this issue.

U9Nvc5L.png

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

Elevation issues have always been around in different places, but the reason people are being more vocal is because the issues are now showing up primarily around popular airports and the largest cities. There was many more errors before this patch.

The US had 10,000 elevation errors before this patch, and now only has about 800 - 1k (estimated) total. It's maybe only 10% as bad as it was after this patch, but those 10% of errors are near very popular and large airports (NYC, Baltimore, Aspen, SFO, KSAN, KSEA), etc... That is why more people are complaining, as before you had to fly to Timbuktu to find the majority of the errors.

The other parts of the world I checked seemed similar (but didn't have time to look thoroughly), but again for some reason this last patch affected areas near larger cities a lot more than the previous patches. Sure, there were some cities affected before, but it was mostly on the far outskirts of town. So you get a 90% reduction (at least in the US), but the problem seems more serious because of how popular the places are to fly where the errors are now showing up.

Edited by Alpine Scenery

1 hour ago, Alpine Scenery said:

The US had 10,000 elevation errors before this patch, and now only has about 800 - 1k (estimated) total. It's maybe only 10% as bad as it was after this patch, but those 10% of errors are near very popular and large airports (NYC, Baltimore, Aspen, SFO, KSAN, KSEA), etc... That is why more people are complaining, as before you had to fly to Timbuktu to find the majority of the errors.

The issue is errors are also showing in areas where there were previously none - populated or unpopulated. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DylanM said:

The issue is errors are also showing in areas where there were previously none - populated or unpopulated. 

It happened with the last patch before this too, but you are right, it wasn't as drastic as this time. They obviously changed the terrain without telling us. I guess they were hoping to slip some terraform in that Santa stocking while no-one was looking.

16 hours ago, NightOfDreams said:

I have that and removed everything else community folder.

CTD happened shortly after take-off in Las Vegas, first time flying the CJ4. I'm wondering if my PC runs out of memory because it freezes for a few seconds and then crashes. I'll try turning down settings from Ultra to High.

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5fda32ba
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5fda32ba
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000020906de
Faulting process id: 0x2068
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6d98c3085aaf1
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.12.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.12.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: 154fe209-6009-418c-b61b-670d306cf099
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.12.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Most likely you are using the sim flight planner. Try using only departure and entering any FP manually in the FMS.

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

People reporting spikes but in the case of river Ebro in Spain the strange elevation of the river like a channel is a spike of 800 KM.

Just mention that in the first version of P3D v5 was the contrary, the river was sunken in a canyon of 800 Km

attachment.php?attachmentid=224385&d=160

attachment.php?attachmentid=224386&d=160

3 hours ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

Most likely you are using the sim flight planner. Try using only departure and entering any FP manually in the FMS.

I loaded the plan from SimBrief, but it still wasn't in the FMS so I entered it manually anyway.

I wasn't aware using external flight plans can cause a CTD. Thanks.

If you have a repeatable CTD in the CJ4 I’d suggest posting in the CJ4 mod thread in this forum.  They are tracking down a nagging CTD issue so your information could be helpful.

FWIW I completed my last two CJ4 flights without an issue and I import my flightplan from Simbrief into MSFS, then use the Simbrief import option in the FMS.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

On 12/22/2020 at 3:54 PM, billgustaf said:

Seems like autopilot turn logic is much improved, and more like Robert Young would expect. Turns are nicely aggressive and roll out is not slow as molasses like before!

And...he does other things in his spare time...

newspaper-clipping.jpg

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.