Sign in to follow this  
Los

Bonanza improvements!

I just test flew the G36 to see what updates they made with today’s patch!

Took her up to 6000 ft. 25” MP and 2400 RPM yielded 171 KTAS!

She also taxied very well and was stable on the take off and landing roll.

I guess the naturally aspirated G36 improvement mod may no longer be needed.

Can anyone confirm?

Edited by Cmcollazo71
  • Like 1

There was more than just flight modelling put into the improvement mod, but that is good to hear

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jpe828 said:

There was more than just flight modelling put into the improvement mod, but that is good to hear

True, but I’m from the fewer the mods to conflict with things the better. 

So, if default gets good enough - as it appears to have here - that’s one less mod...

Edited by Cmcollazo71
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

I still tend to mainly fly the turbo bonanza.

I like too, but it’s good that the default are getting better and not left as is, no?

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Cmcollazo71 said:

I like too, but it’s good that the default are getting better and not left as is, no?

Indeed.

Also I believe the turbo bonanza has been broken by the latest patch and is inop until Rob does an update.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Indeed.

Also I believe the turbo bonanza has been broken by the latest patch and is inop until Rob does an update.

Indeed it has and Rob says he’ll get to it when he can, but also mentioned he’s getting tired of having to work in it with each update.

So all the more reason for the default one to continue improving.

9 minutes ago, Cmcollazo71 said:

Indeed it has and Rob says he’ll get to it when he can, but also mentioned he’s getting tired of having to work in it with each update.

Well the default aircraft improving is clearly a good thing - but every time they make a change to a default aircraft it breaks the mods which is a bad thing

rock and hard place

1 minute ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

rock and hard place

Yeah maybe, but the default aircraft are part of the sim, mods are only temporary fixes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cmcollazo71 said:

Yeah maybe, but the default aircraft are part of the sim, mods are only temporary fixes.

That's not true at all.  There are beautiful mods from years gone past that still work in FSX and X-Plane.  Eventually people will make some freeware aircraft that are ground-up new builds, and we want those to stick around for a good long while once the effort has been put in.  Also this breakage hurts third party payware aircraft as well.  It would be a real shame if MSFS continued to break things with every update. 

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

16 minutes ago, marsman2020 said:

That's not true at all.  There are beautiful mods from years gone past that still work in FSX and X-Plane.  Eventually people will make some freeware aircraft that are ground-up new builds, and we want those to stick around for a good long while once the effort has been put in.  Also this breakage hurts third party payware aircraft as well.  It would be a real shame if MSFS continued to break things with every update. 

The alternative is just not fixing things.  Mods that rely on core files are inevitably going to break when those files are modified, and asking Asobo to attempt to tiptoe around every possible paid or freeware mod in applying patches, would be absurd and probably impossible anyway.

This'll continue until the software becomes mature, and Asobo are thus making far less frequent changes to the core of the sim.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cmcollazo71 said:

This is an issue that requires more communication and cooperation by Asobo with recognized 3rd parties.  The NIHS mentality has to be extinguished.  We have great aviation minds among us and they need to be freed of all chains. Rob is at or near the top of the list as is Jean Luc.

https://learnosity.com/not-invented-here-syndrome-explained/#:~:text=In 1982%2C a seminal study,knowledge of its field%2C which

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

On 12/22/2020 at 11:53 PM, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Indeed.

No that is not true,

Someone posted that the Turbo mod is broken. I can't see much difference. It still flies as it should and the lighting issues that poster referred to are non existent in the test I've done. If anyone else sees any actual issues then please let me know, but so far I have not seen any problems. The update has somewhat improved the autopilot from the previous update but not by much. The final heading capture is still too slow, but that is no fault of my mod which had a virtually flawless a/p until Asobo started tinkering with it.

Edited by robert young
  • Like 2

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

On 12/22/2020 at 5:47 PM, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

I still tend to mainly fly the turbo bonanza.

I have misplaced the location of the turbo mod file, where can it be downloaded? Thanks