Sign in to follow this  
anitelite

computer overheat

I started the patch download and about 8 Gb into the download my computer overheated and shut down.  I've fixed the overheat shutdown problem, but now whenever I try to run the simulator, it just hangs at the checking for update screen.  Has anyone else had this problem and been able to resume the download ?

There is a repair/reset option for MSFS under WIN10 settings / Apps and features, just select MSFS and go to advanced options.

Alternatively I think you can also do a repair/update from the MS Store.

none of the fixes worked.  so i uninstalled and then reinstalled the sim.  Sim came back to life, but with only 2 airplanes, the 152 and the tbm.  I don't know what to do from here.  Any ideas ?

32 minutes ago, anitelite said:

none of the fixes worked.  so i uninstalled and then reinstalled the sim.  Sim came back to life, but with only 2 airplanes, the 152 and the tbm.  I don't know what to do from here.  Any ideas ?

Download the rest from content manager.

-C

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, EVGA RTX3080 FTW3 Ultra, 64GB DDR4 @3600MHz

MSFS, XP11, XP12, DCS, IL-2, Falcon BMS, LMNOP

well....so i got a few of the missing planes back, but now have another problem.  I went back to start assigning my custom cockpit views using the Ctrl + Alt + number, but when I do, the camera jumps wildly to another spot in the cockpit.  Nothing seems to get saved.  Is it time to format the drive and start again ?