Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Just Flight Piper Arrow III Preview

1 hour ago, ckyliu said:

Although some of the cockpit textures look a bit previous generation, visually it doesn't seem up to the standard of the default aircraft although it's not bad.

It's the same thing for all of their aeroplanes regardless of sim.
To me, it's as though the textures come from processing real photos, rather than using the native materials available in design software. Despite adding PBR reflectivity, cockpit textures always feel incorrectly lit, flat or worse still, cartoony.

If I'm going to look at them for most of the flight, I need textures to look excellent.
Each time I'm tempted to pick up one of their new products I look closely at the cockpit textures and I'm dissuaded.
I really would have liked to get their new BAe 146.
XP example
P3D example

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

I was also a bit puzzled by the cockpit textures in these shots, maybe they're not the final version because the same bird in XP looks quite nice

On 12/23/2020 at 2:47 PM, Manny said:

I hope they won't shove that default ugh G1000 on it.. and keep the steam gauges. 🙂

This . 

That's how the airplane looks IRL. I took my initial CFI checkride on an Arrow at KFRG and the VC was mainly black plastic. I'm sure that JF will release a version with a much higher quality textures because their P3D and XP11 versions were excellent.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

18 hours ago, F737NG said:

To me, it's as though the textures come from processing real photos, rather than using the native materials available in design software. Despite adding PBR reflectivity, cockpit textures always feel incorrectly lit, flat or worse still, cartoony.

If I'm going to look at them for most of the flight, I need textures to look excellent.

I think you've hit the nail on the head there, they're not using the new materials based system, probably because much of visuals are ported from older work?

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Looks absolutely stunning to me. Flew it in P3D and loved it. I’m a buyer. 

Edited by mtr75
  • Like 3

Looks good, and sounds great..I will be buying for sure.

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

Why do they always make the panel and windows look like the plane is 40 years old and has had 12 preowners?

I'd rather enjoy the smell and feel of a new or refurbished plane... too bad.

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

They tend to use real aeroplanes based up the road from them at a local airfield as their reference vehicles. Many of them are indeed decades old.

• Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

6 minutes ago, ThomseN_inc said:

Why do they always make the panel and windows look like the plane is 40 years old and has had 12 preowners?

I'd rather enjoy the smell and feel of a new or refurbished plane... too bad.

In a lot of flying clubs you will see such planes. So better immersion to me. 🙂

The Arrow III is my facorite GA plane in XP, so I am really excited.

• Like 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

On 1/14/2021 at 8:12 AM, ryanbatcund said:

Awesome.  I'd hope for default GNS530 as well...and someday when RXP gets our precious GTN and GNS in...those too hehe.

Isn't there a GNS530 mod floating around?  If they use the default GNS530, I would think we could replace it with the mod.

I always liked the T-tail Arrow IV, but it doesn't look like that's being modelled (?) -- just the Arrow III (?)

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

1 minute ago, tweekz said:

In a lot of flying clubs you will see such planes. So better immersion to me. 🙂

The Arrow III is my facorite GA plane in XP, so I am really excited.

I like immersion too but i don't like to be forced to like such a style. An option to have on or the other would be fair.

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

10 minutes ago, Mace said:

Isn't there a GNS530 mod floating around?  If they use the default GNS530, I would think we could replace it with the mod.

I always liked the T-tail Arrow IV, but it doesn't look like that's being modelled (?) -- just the Arrow III (?)

They have done the Arrow IV before.  My bet is it will follow. They tend to offer them separately for a bit, then bundle them as a pack or put them in a deal eventually.

I will certainly be keeping and eye on it, although I would love a simple 180 as well.

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Just now, bobcat999 said:

They have done the Arrow IV before.  The trnd to offer it separately for a bit, then bundle them as a pack or put them in a deal eventually.

I will certainly be keeping and eye on it, although I would love a simple 180 as well.

I'm thinkin A2A will do the hershey bar 180.  Eventually.

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB