Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Just Flight Piper Arrow III Preview

The Carenado PA28 is a fun add-on for 20 quid which flies okay (or at least did prior to the recent patch, the flight model's now busted), but this JF one is much more like the real thing in terms of behaviour, the Carenado one is more like a GA aeroplane of indeterminate nature; not bad, but also not recognisably a PA-28.

Texture-wise and model-wise, each one of them has merits in some areas, but overall I'd say the JF one edges it in the looks department. Feature-wise the JF edges it by far, as it does with sounds, so that only leaves looks. Here they are both alongside one another, and I think it's fair to say that they both have their plusses in that department although some of the fine details on the JF one do make it stand out a bit more, such as antennas and beacons:

3QzROLu.png

I think given the differences, they both suit their prices, depending on what you seek, unless you got that discount from previously having a JF PA-28, in which case the JF one edges into the lead in terms of value for money.

Edited by Chock
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I can't wait to fly this baby when I get home.

Just out of curiosity...for the people saying that this is the "best" GA aircraft to date in MSFS....are there any that you consider close seconds, whether addon or stock?  I've personally enjoyed the Carenado Mooney quite a bit.  It feels really nice to fly...though I can't speak to it's realism, since I'm not a pilot (yet).  I'm very interested in flying the most realistic handling aircraft I can...that is the reasoning behind my question.

Ok, took her for a ride. What a wonderful aircraft to fly it is! It´s the best add-on so far by a large margin.

• Like 1

Iñigo Bildarratz

Every button and even breaker is clickable in the plane. That alone makes it better than any other MSFS plane.

• Like 2

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

OK, because I purchased the bundle last time, I won't get the discount until the bundle is available for MSFS.  Rats, I was looking forward to this. 😞

LouP

20 minutes ago, FakeWayne said:

Just out of curiosity...for the people saying that this is the "best" GA aircraft to date in MSFS....are there any that you consider close seconds, whether addon or stock?  I've personally enjoyed the Carenado Mooney quite a bit.  It feels really nice to fly...though I can't speak to it's realism, since I'm not a pilot (yet).  I'm very interested in flying the most realistic handling aircraft I can...that is the reasoning behind my question.

ohh, the Piaggio is probably 2nd (with the new 2.06 update) I took it up right after the JF Piper. 

• Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

As with the Piaggio, I have the issue that COM volume is set to 0 when starting C&D. But in contrast to the Piaggio, turning up the COM volume in the VC does nothing. Anyone else having this issue?

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

XSHKeyZ.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

37 minutes ago, AnkH said:

As with the Piaggio, I have the issue that COM volume is set to 0 when starting C&D. But in contrast to the Piaggio, turning up the COM volume in the VC does nothing. Anyone else having this issue?

I have it set for the GNS530. You have to adjust the com volume on the GNS530 itself.

• Like 1

James

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

12 hours ago, JustFlightScott said:

Sorry it wasn't meant to be dismissive we just hadn't made a public announcement about it.

The explanation is that there are different dev teams so there was no upgrade(?) route from FSX/P3D to XP and same for MSFS. However, anyone buying the MSFS Arrow will get a significant discount on the Turbo when it comes out as you probably know.

Hope that at least answers your question.

Thanks, appreciate the explanation even if not totally satisfied with it. Think I’ll be skipping the Arrow for MSFS then but if / when the Hawk comes out I’ll be jumping on it like a Portsmouth boy on a dropped chip.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

37 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

Thanks, appreciate the explanation even if not totally satisfied with it. Think I’ll be skipping the Arrow for MSFS then but if / when the Hawk comes out I’ll be jumping on it like a Portsmouth boy on a dropped chip.

When...

https://www.justflight.com/in-development/hawk-t1a-advanced-trainer-microsoft-flight-simulator

• Like 1

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

The Arrow and the Piaggio remind me of each other in that they both give a real sensation of flying a plane rather than just overseeing it that is lacking in other modules (Fiat G.91 is also good for this) but I think I have to prefer the Arrow for it's little creature comforts like the basic AP and the GPS 🙂

• Like 1

21 hours ago, FakeWayne said:

The Mooney is the closest thing to an A2A aircraft I have seen, as far as a realistic feeling plane. . 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310