Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Just Flight Piper Arrow III Preview

21 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Thank you.

I cannot see a top right knob? 😔

gns530.jpg

Sorry my bad. It's an early morning here. Up cornerr LEFT knob !LOL Rotate it left or right

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

5 hours ago, tup61 said:

You know this seriously pushed me over the edge to NOT buy the Arrow? I am sure most here won't understand that but it's little things like this that totally ruin it for me. I am very happy with the C172 steam gauges and I will wait for the next best thing. No problems.

Just did a flight in the C172 (steam) and it didn't intercept the ILS either. Not the LOC nor the GS. Not even when I was at 2 nm straight ahead of the runway. Something is wrong here.

So if I get this right, burping on the Arrow while not even owning it and complaining about the little tings like textures in one of the best GA aircraft to date for MSFS ruins it for you but the broken non functioning ILS on the C172 doesn't and you're very happy with that.

• Like 5

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

On 3/19/2021 at 11:29 AM, Zcott said:

I'm still seeing very poor textures on the A pillar and headliner in the new patch. I'm playing in 4K and this texture is pretty jarring compared to the default aircraft. I've attached a photo of this compared to the TBM. All settings on either high or ultra.Ua0FAI7.jpgguS2WqM.jpg

Really, your worried about what the pillars look like. When I fly that’s at the bottom of my worries list. Who cares. I didn’t buy it to look at the pillars.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker

Imagine walking down the road, when you stop right next to a Starbucks storefront. You look through the glass and notice a vivid, 
crowded space , full with people enjoying their expressos and lattes and chatting about life.  With a coffee from another brand 
in hand, you go in, approach the clerk's megaphone and say, 
"Dear customers, please listen, I don't like your coffee myself, I prefer mine. I think you should know. See this cream on top? 
Haven´t noticed it yourselves? Take a look.Yours haven´t got it.
That´s why I think mine is better. Thanks for your time". Then, you leave, with the strange feeling of being a little happier, 
well, at least until the next storefront and bunch of joyful people,
of course. 
Edited by Aristoteles
  • Like 2

Iñigo Bildarratz

35 minutes ago, FPStewy said:

So if I get this right, burping on the Arrow while not even owning it and complaining about the little tings like textures in one of the best GA aircraft to date for MSFS ruins it for you but the broken non functioning ILS on the C172 doesn't and you're very happy with that.

An aircraft that has every pixel perfect, doesn't impress me as much as an aircraft that flies like an actual plane in real life. The Arrow does just that. 

• Like 4

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

26 minutes ago, TomCYYZ said:

Really, your worried about what the pillars look like. When I fly that’s at the bottom of my worries list. Who cares. I didn’t buy it to look at the pillars.

I am going to go down to my local airport this week and go on an inspection of A pillars. If I find one that is perfect, I will post a photo  on this thread. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

54 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I am going to go down to my local airport this week and go on an inspection of A pillars. If I find one that is perfect, I will post a photo  on this thread. 

Good luck.  😁  I realized that when I fly the Arrow I look at everything but the pillars.  😂  Oh, and maybe the overhead.

Bill

• Like 1

Bill  N7IBG     

Oh, dear. You shouldn't see the bottom of my shoes. But they feel so good.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

I've said earlier in the thread, I think the people whining about, eg, fuzzy textures on the headliner need to spend more time looking out the windows rather than pixel-peeping bits of the interior they'd seldom actually look at to find things to complain about.   But that A-pillar is the one spot I do find being a little bit of sand in my eye when I fly the thing.  The panel textures are great, the outside world is great, but it's hard not to notice the slightly lumpy, slightly fuzzy A-pillar in the course of routine flying.  Maybe it's a "4k problem", dunno.

Either way, it doesn't put me off the plane at all, and it'd be sad if it deterred anyone else.   But, like Chock, I do find myself wishing they'd spent a little more time polishing that one thing to bring it up to snuff with the rest of the surfaces you actually see in flight.  Then it would be almost perfect.

Edited by kaosfere

2 hours ago, FPStewy said:

To each his own ;) but apart from that: the ILS is working perfectly fine in my C172 (steam gauges)...? Should something be wrong with it? I did three flights in the C172 today, using VOR only (no GPS map!), and the ILS worked perfectly fine on all three approaches. But anyway, I understand people frowning upon my decision to skip the Arrow just because of some textures but hey, I am not saying no one should get it: I'm happy for everyone who likes it. I just like my aircraft to look good all over. Sorry. ;)

58 minutes ago, kaosfere said:

I've said earlier in the thread, I think the people whining about, eg, fuzzy textures on the headliner need to spend more time looking out the windows rather than pixel-peeping bits of the interior they'd seldom actually look at to find things to complain about.   But that A-pillar is the one spot I do find being a little bit of sand in my eye when I fly the thing.  The panel textures are great, the outside world is great, but it's hard not to notice the slightly lumpy, slightly fuzzy A-pillar in the course of routine flying.  Maybe it's a "4k problem", dunno.

Either way, it doesn't put me off the plane at all, and it'd be sad if it deterred anyone else.   But, like Chock, I do find myself wishing they'd spent a little more time polishing that one thing to bring it up to snuff with the rest of the surfaces you actually see in flight.  Then it would be almost perfect.

Totatly agree its the best GA we have and it should not put off anyone. But like you say when something is so good them A-pillars are like sand in your eye, whats wrong with pointing out how they can make it perfect? There is also a big diffrence in IRL wear and tear than bad texturing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Question for those who are flying with yoke... what are your sensitivity settings for X and Y axis? I previously had set a curve (-50% on + and - for both axis) because pretty much every Youtube video about those settings recommended this as being the most realistic but in Arrow this does not work very well.. it's way to slow and sluggish at those settings. 

I wouldn’t say that I fixate on the A pillar, but I certainly see it a lot when switching my view between out of the front and out the side window.

In 4K it could use a better texture, but it’s still a fantastic aircraft.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

15 minutes ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

Question for those who are flying with yoke... what are your sensitivity settings for X and Y axis? I previously had set a curve (-50% on + and - for both axis) because pretty much every Youtube video about those settings recommended this as being the most realistic but in Arrow this does not work very well.. it's way to slow and sluggish at those settings. 

In the Arrow I have sense for aileron and elevator at 0. The rudder, I am still playing with, right now I have it at -40. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

An aircraft that has every pixel perfect, doesn't impress me as much as an aircraft that flies like an actual plane in real life. The Arrow does just that. 

I don’t see any reason why it can’t do both! I spent a good chunk of change on building a good setup for simming and it’s extremely immersive. When you’re used to all the textures looking pin sharp, the ones that don’t really do stand out. 

I love how this plane flies, and I love the attention to detail in the systems. I haven’t even considered asking for a refund because I love flying it...it just gets a 9/10 rather than 10/10. 

• Upvote 1