Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Just Flight Piper Arrow III Preview

15 hours ago, Beagle12 said:

My JF PA28 has a tendency to roll to the left without constant adjustment on the yoke.

How do I prevent that without having to resort to the AP ?

Load a passenger in the right seat; a lot of that is due to the fact that all the payload is on the left with just the pilot on board.

• Like 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

11 hours ago, Chock said:

Load a passenger in the right seat; a lot of that is due to the fact that all the payload is on the left with just the pilot on board.

In real life that would mainly occur because there is more weight on one wheel, I wonder what is causing that effect in the sim ?

Maybe not the most popular PA28, but the Carenado does not exhibit this prop torque. The port wing doesn't continually drop. 

1 hour ago, Beagle12 said:

Maybe not the most popular PA28, but the Carenado does not exhibit this prop torque. The port wing doesn't continually drop. 

So... :unsure:

Bert

12 hours ago, Chock said:

Actually never experienced this IRL. Nose heavy when both front Seats are occupied - yes noticeable. But not a left turning tendency just b/c you are solo.

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

So Just Flight is fixing reported bugs, communicating about it ahead of release, and make their planes available outside of the MS marketplace ? 

If they're trying to lure me in as a customer .......... They're doing it right.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Beagle12 said:

So is Carenado bad and JF good or the other way around?

I might have another look at the Arrow when the update has been released. I am doing a lot of VOR-flying using the 172 steam gauge (using the GNS as DME, GPS map turned off, works like a charm btw!!!) but this Arrow (the G100 config) looks even better for this, of course!

3 minutes ago, tup61 said:

So is Carenado bad and JF good or the other way around?

I might have another look at the Arrow when the update has been released. I am doing a lot of VOR-flying using the 172 steam gauge (using the GNS as DME, GPS map turned off, works like a charm btw!!!) but this Arrow (the G100 config) looks even better for this, of course!

The Carenado doesn't fly and stall like a real Arrow. The Just Flight one does, watch the video I just posted above were an Instructor who teaches on the Arrow reviews the Just Flight Model, he says it flies like a real Aircraft which he has many hours on. Why buy an aircraft that doesn't fly like the real thing? 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

There was autopilot glitch that makes PA28 bank, I have noticed it on several occasions. When you disconnect autopilot it still somewhat active and fighting controls. I have to recycle autopilot button several times (meaning press on/off)

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

2 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

The Carenado doesn't fly and stall like a real Arrow. The Just Flight one does, watch the video I just posted above were an Instructor who teaches on the Arrow reviews the Just Flight Model, he says it flies like a real Aircraft which he has many hours on. Why buy an aircraft that doesn't fly like the real thing? 

Didn't I tell you guys the same thing ? I also teach in Arrow ! LOL

• Like 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

3 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Didn't I tell you guys the same thing ? I also teach in Arrow ! LOL

That's true...LOL. I also looked at a video of a stall in the Carenado, even before the Just Flight was released, and decided I would never buy the Carenado after seeing the violent stall, and start of a spin...In real life, I would land that Piper ASAP and never set foot in it ever again. 

Edited by Bobsk8

8 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

In real life that would mainly occur because there is more weight on one wheel, I wonder what is causing that effect in the sim ?

Not suggesting it's a prominent thing in aeroplanes all the time, but I seem to recall JF saying they had modeled this small contributing imbalance factor on some of their earlier GA aeroplanes, so I'd assumed they did the same on this one.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

The only thing I don't like about this airplane is that the background sounds are a bit loud and noisey in cockpit up in the air, on the ground it is absolutely superb, I would like them to toned down the background sounds a bit, because it gets a little irritating to listen to during longer trips, I know I can lower the volume, which I do, but it would feel better if I did not have to.

Edited by Ixoye

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |