Sign in to follow this  
ELaw

Won't launch... again

I have the MS Store version of MSFS.  Went into the Store yesterday, it said there was an update for FS, and I downloaded it... it was just about 1 gigabyte.  Double-click the FS icon to launch it, and I get a UAC prompt ("Do you want to let this app make changes to your device?").  I click "yes" and get the same prompt again.  Click "yes" again, the prompt goes away and I get a red error window that says "This app can't open.  Check the MS store for more info...".  When I go into the Store and hit "Get updates", none are found.  MS flight simulator version shows as 1.12.13.0.

Last time this happened I had to uninstall and reinstall the whole program.  Am I going to have to do that again?  If it matters, my "community" folder is empty.  Not that I don't enjoy repeatedly reinstalling this program, but I'd much rather use it. 😕

Edited by ELaw

Just to "close the loop" on this, I submitted a request to support and they got back to me very quickly.  This is what they said:

Here are the first things to do when the Microsoft Store app is not working as usual:

1. Sign out and sign back in the Microsoft Store app

·         Open the Microsoft Store app on your computer

·         In the Windows Search Bar, type "Store"

·         Click on Microsoft Store and select "Open" in the menu

·         Click on the icon in the top right-hand side corner of the screen

·         Under your email address, click on Sign Out

·         Reboot the computer

·         Open the Store and click on the profile icon again, then select "Sign in" and enter your credentials

·         Make sure to sign back in the Microsoft Store with the Microsoft account used to purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator

2. Reset the Microsoft Store Cache.

·         On your keyboard, press the “Win Logo” + “R” keys

·         Type: WSReset.exe and press “Enter”

·         A black window will pop up

·         Wait until the pop up disappears and the Store comes up

·         Reboot your computer

I followed the procedure, launched FS and... it's now downloading 14 gigs of update!  It appears the problem is solved.

Edited by ELaw

Thanks for sharing. This procedure can be used as a first step to try and fix a few other things like in-sim marketplace purchase issues as well.

The same thing happened to me. Today I tried to open MSFS and the icon is totally blank and it won't launch! Why is this happening?