Sign in to follow this  
motoadve

Size of cockpits are small compared to real life.

Loving VR but the size of the cockpits and wings when looking to the sides are small, like 75% compared to real size.

Is there a way to increase the size?

The Zlin seats look like the size of my toddlers high chair🤣

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

I think they targeted a certain FOV they wanted you to be able to see, but most headsets don't actually display at that FOV, so everything is squeezed down.

Agree it doesn't feel right, it's like 80% scale or something.

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

I only have this problem with GA prop planes.

The jets feel fine

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Its work of developer. The name of this its cockpit scaling. Proportion depends of dvelopping method. Its known issue if it wasnt tested before in VR mode in any simulator.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Tiny yokes are quite common in VR, and look ridiculous!

Aerofly FS2 is the only aviation sim I’ve used that allows you to change cockpit size in the menu. It’s a feature all sims should add. Anyone from Asobo listening? 🙂

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

DCS has it to. You can set it giantly big or dwarfly small from in the menu.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR

I mentioned this on another thread, so i’m pleased it is getting some attention. The cessna yoke looks baby sized. I guess we should add it as a request on the msfs official forums.

Varjo Aero, Zotac 3090, i9-12900K, 32GB Ram, RX Viper Rudder Pedals, AuthentiKit Controls + Fulcrum Yoke

atk-logo-354.jpg

You guys are absolutely right,

I tried several ga aircraft yesterday and I just stopped flying bbecaus the knobs, yoke and screens were so annoyingly small.

I set my ipd to 58 in oculus software and this helps me a lot. Most people say that's not how it should work but for me it does.

I hope we get some slider like in dcs or flyinside. Maybe not so realistic but since  my rift s had limited resolution I need some trick to actually see stuff😯

I don’t understand you guys. When I switch the camera to the „close“ preset everything looks real scale for me

Edited by DaWu

Lukas Dalton

VR "FOV" scale is very HMD dependant and then take into the IPD of the user as well and you have differing values, MSF needs a World Scale Adjustment.

Again something that should've come as standard.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

On 12/25/2020 at 1:06 AM, blueshark747 said:

I only have this problem with GA prop planes.

The jets feel fine

Hi, i can confirm this. Landing in the cessna on an 150 meter wide Runway, looks like landing on a 90 meter wide Runway. Into the front all dimensions looks Fine.