Sign in to follow this  
Boeing_Driver

Sensitivity setting for CH pedals

I’m using the CH yoke, throttle quadrant, and pedals for MSFS, but I haven’t quite found the sweet spot for sensitivity on the pedals. Mainly, I’m finding control on the runway (mostly during takeoff) to be rather erratic.

Can anyone post a screenshot of their settings if they are happy with the way they are working?

1 hour ago, XLS_DRiver said:

I’m using the CH yoke, throttle quadrant, and pedals for MSFS, but I haven’t quite found the sweet spot for sensitivity on the pedals. Mainly, I’m finding control on the runway (mostly during takeoff) to be rather erratic.

Can anyone post a screenshot of their settings if they are happy with the way they are working?

Same. Just living with it....

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

Same problem here. Today I saw video's of other people using the runway much more stable than I can with my CH rudder pedals, but I wouldn't know what setting would help. I tried changing settings before, but then I seemed to get problems in the air. Today I changed the sensitivity settings + and - to -30%, but that didn't change too much. 

Jan

I have sensitivity set to -50% for my CH rudders

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I have the same pedals and they are always twitchy.  Just taking off and holding the centerline takes more work than it should.  I think it is the sim and not the pedals.  I think there was a similar thread on this a day or two back. 

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Try the new extremity setting, helps a lot to reduce the twitchynes.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Setting the sensitivity to -50% did help a lot. Thanks for this tip! Will try the extremity settings.

This is what works for me.....

rudder sensitivity set to almost 0 (10) 

Switched from 'Modern' to Legacy' dynamics then lowered both 'P factor" and 'Torque' to close to zero.

Some say thats 'cheating'....I say whatever works for you!

Good Luck!

Jay

One thing that was suggested that helped immensely for me was going into the Win10 USB controller settings and resetting the calibration to default.

For some unfathomable reason cailbrating the CH pedals in Win10 really messes them up in game.

The OTHER thing I did was pulled them apart and added stronger springs.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Upvote 1

On 12/24/2020 at 12:34 PM, PIC007 said:

This is what works for me.....

rudder sensitivity set to almost 0 (10) 

Switched from 'Modern' to Legacy' dynamics then lowered both 'P factor" and 'Torque' to close to zero.

Some say thats 'cheating'....I say whatever works for you!

Good Luck!

I had mine originally set for -65 but after moving the slider up to 10, I found the autopilot would start slowly adding more and more right rudder (whether in NAV or HDG mode) until the rudder was completely displaced and the plane was skidding enroute. 
l’m trying -70 now, which seems to work pretty well.