Sign in to follow this  
charliebravo

Falcon 50 Outside View from Cockpit Problem

Hello,

I recently purchased (only a few days ago) and installed the Flysimware Falcon 50 into FSX Accelerator running on my widows 7 operating system and when I view the outside world from the virtual cockpit the outside scenery only shows the top third of the available display area, the bottom two thirds of the outside scenery is black. The Outside scenery window can usually be clicked on, dragged and resized but not in this case, it seems fixed.

Any thoughts on how to get the outside view showing correctly from the VC?

Tou help with this problem is much appreciated.

Regards

36 minutes ago, charliebravo said:

I recently purchased (only a few days ago) and installed the Flysimware Falcon 50 into FSX Accelerator running on my widows 7 operating system and when I view the outside world from the virtual cockpit the outside scenery only shows the top third of the available display area, the bottom two thirds of the outside scenery is black.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by the above. Below is a shot of what I see from the Falcon 50 VC in FSX (although I'm using Win10). I don't understand which of those views you are having a problem with. It would be helpful if you could post a shot which shows your problem.

Al

525910dded.png

Thank you for your quick response. I have taken an image which shows the problem but as this image was a .jpg taken with my ipad of my computer screen, I am not sure if it can be uploaded to this support forum, as it seems to only provide the option to insert image from URL.

Working from your picture above, the problem was with the main view as you look outside the cockpit, not the added view that you have in the top left of the screen. In. my case, the outside scenery doesn’t wrap around enough to cover the whole area required from the windows, it only goes from the top of the screen, down to about one third of the way, leaving a large horizontal black area below this. The outside view doesn’t seem to be resized (stretched downwards in my case) in the usual way.

Being able to send you the picture that I have taken would help, however I hope my explanation helps in some way.

Regards

5 hours ago, charliebravo said:

Thank you for your quick response. I have taken an image which shows the problem but as this image was a .jpg taken with my ipad of my computer screen, I am not sure if it can be uploaded to this support forum, as it seems to only provide the option to insert image from URL.

Working from your picture above, the problem was with the main view as you look outside the cockpit, not the added view that you have in the top left of the screen. In. my case, the outside scenery doesn’t wrap around enough to cover the whole area required from the windows, it only goes from the top of the screen, down to about one third of the way, leaving a large horizontal black area below this. The outside view doesn’t seem to be resized (stretched downwards in my case) in the usual way.

Being able to send you the picture that I have taken would help, however I hope my explanation helps in some way.

Regards

OK, I think I understand now what you are saying/seeing -- certainly seems strange. 

Does everything else seem to function with the Falcon? All switches work, it flies, etc.  I assume this is the only a/c you have with this problem. Do you have any other complex study level a/c, like from PMDG. etc. that work OK?

I guess you could try uninstalling and reinstalling the Falcon to see if that makes any difference.

Also, how much RAM memory does you system have, and what GPU card are you using?

BTW, for future reference, to display a picture here, you need to first save it to a picture hosting site, like Imgur or Flickr.  And then paste the URL of the picture into your post. If Win7 has a Snipping tool, you could use that instead of the iPad which might make things easier.

Al

Edited by ark

I had issues where their were blocks of black squares and downloaded this patch and it works great now, might want to try it. On the Flightsimware website under the Falcon

FALCON 50 NO FLASH

This interior model is for the 32 bit sims only. FSX or P3D V1-V3

8 hours ago, MartinRex007 said:

I had issues where their were blocks of black squares and downloaded this patch and it works great now, might want to try it. On the Flightsimware website under the Falcon

FALCON 50 NO FLASH

This interior model is for the 32 bit sims only. FSX or P3D V1-V3

Ah, good idea! I had forgotten about this patch which as I recall was developed to accommodate limited memory, which could be the problem. That's why I asked about his RAM size above. Hopefully this will solve his problem.

Al