Sign in to follow this  
Francois_Dumas

FSAddon Publishing is closing its doors

Dear all,

first of all let me wish you a Merry Christmas, even when in lockdown or otherwise limited. Hopefully, you are all still healthy.
Also hopefully, next year will see a return to normalcy, and no, not the ‘new normal’, the regular one. Here’s hoping.

Talking about next year….. the reason I am writing to you is that I have decided to stop my commercial activities under FSAddon Publishing. It is getting too expensive, and too much work. Too much for the time I still have to spend on it, and too much for my age, I guess. Even though we are spending most of the time at home here in Italy, forced by the circumstances, I seem to be running out of time most every day. I guess the slower tempo of living and moving has to do with it ,-)

Anyway, after all these years of FSAddon it is a tough decision. But with the advent of the new MSFS the sales have now dropped to almost nothing, and the cost of the websites has not gone down. So it just does not make sense to continue. Most of my work these days is responding to former customers who managed to lose their downloads and request new links and registration keys.

As of January 1st the Shopify Shop will be off-line. It also means support for previously sold products will be a problem because I am not continuing the almost daily efforts I still put in currently. More like once a week. And over some time the server contracts holding the software will also lapse, making the downloads no longer available.

It has been a long road, sometimes bumpy, never boring, and I think together with my developers we have brought some joy to flightsimmers all over the world.

I will now try and build my own home cockpit before it is too late and either Covid or old age catches up…. You will still find me on various forums from time to time.

Best regards,
Francois

• Like 2

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

Thank You Francois ! , I look back nostalgically upon the Lysander Project , becoming familiar with its mission , dropping spies into occupied Europe in the dead of night on farmers fields, a true specialty aircraft and a difficult production made a pleasure because of your direction , .

We remained friends ever after , its been a pleasure to follow your varied productions and appreciate Tongass among others .

Ride Free !

Best CJ    

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Francois_Dumas said:

I will now try and build my own home cockpit before it is too late and either Covid or old age catches up…. You will still find me on various forums from time to time.

Francois, 

Thanks, not only for the store and it's interesting products, but also for your humor and wisdom in the community.  

Enjoy the cockpit building experience!! 

PS driving your little WW2 jeep around in P3D is one of my favorite guilty pleasures 🙂

PPS just purchased the Storch.

Edited by yurei
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Francois_Dumas said:

As of January 1st the Shopify Shop will be off-line. It also means support for previously sold products will be a problem because I am not continuing the almost daily efforts I still put in currently. More like once a week.

I certainly understand your desire to retire and relax Francois.

I am building a new computer and was going to purchase Tongass Fjords for it. The computer may not be completed by January 1st though. If I purchase and download Tongass Fjords now will I be able to install and activate it after January 1st?

Merry Xmas,

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

1 hour ago, Ted Striker said:

I certainly understand your desire to retire and relax Francois.

I am building a new computer and was going to purchase Tongass Fjords for it. The computer may not be completed by January 1st though. If I purchase and download Tongass Fjords now will I be able to install and activate it after January 1st?

Merry Xmas,

Ted

Hi Ted, yes, no problem. Just make sure you download it before I take the shop offline. Thank you !

Merry Christmas,

Francois

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

9 minutes ago, Francois_Dumas said:

Just make sure you download it before I take the shop offline.

I will do that.

Thanks for the reply,

Ted

• Like 1

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

Sorry to see you go. Incredibly i only took notice of Tongass Fjords this year through the Misty Moorings website and once i knew about it, it was a no-brainer... Instant purchase.

Awesome work, and it still works on P3D v5 flawlessly.

Best wishes for the future!

• Like 1

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Is there any chance you could hand the rights to Tongass Fjords X over to Orbx so that they could continue to support it? It would be a shame for this great add-on to fade away. Enjoy your retirement, all the best!

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Francois_Dumas said:

Talking about next year….. the reason I am writing to you is that I have decided to stop my commercial activities under FSAddon Publishing. It is getting too expensive, and too much work.

Is there no way, to transfer Tongass Fjords to Orbx?

It fills an important location in the Orbx Southern Alaska coverage, and will leave a hole if no longer for sale..

• Like 1

Bert

Sad to see you go, but sometimes you've got to put your own well-being and happiness first. thank you for the wonderful Waco Glider and Jeep, the Waco Biplane Collection, and the Bristol Freighter, all of which I enjoy tremendously. Good luck in future endeavours. 🙂

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, Francois_Dumas said:

As for Orbx........nope. Anybody else is fine. 

How about iBlueYonder by Bill Womack? Being one of its developers, I think he would do a great job at updating and maintaining the add-on.

Thank you for the great add-ons you have produced for us over the years. I think I have enjoyed all of your scenery and most of your aircraft for both FS9 and FSX. FSAddon is going out on a high with the Bristol Freighter which was a very pleasant surprise for me when it was released as I had not known it was under development but had longed for a good one for FSX for years but didn’t think I would see one. Enjoy your well-deserved retirement!

Bill

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

How about iBlueYonder by Bill Womack? Being one of its developers, I think he would do a great job at updating and maintaining the add-on.

Holger Sandmann is still supporting it in case people have technical problems.... and he left for Orbx long time ago.

Too long a story, am not going into that here and now...... 

• Upvote 1

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

Francois, I liked your original post because of your forthright honesty and explanations and NOT because you have decided to close! :cool:

ENJOY your retirement! 🍻

Edited by HighBypass
spelling & punctuation
  • Upvote 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)