Sign in to follow this  
kevinfirth

Realturb add-on - is it worth it?

Is the Realturb product realistic?

• Like 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

I’m not a pilot IRL and cannot vouch for its realism, in an absolute sense. But I do find it ads to the immersion by reacting to local weather and introducing turbulence that I would expect, eg. around mountains, and have also had wind shear a couple of times near storm fronts.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Wingnut_84 said:

I’m not a pilot IRL and cannot vouch for its realism, in an absolute sense. But I do find it ads to the immersion by reacting to local weather and introducing turbulence that I would expect, eg. around mountains, and have also had wind shear a couple of times near storm fronts.

Correct. I highly recommend them. In case of doubt just try out with one of their regions.

Cheers, Ed

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Hi, I own the Europe-version and I can not fly without it. 😎

While it takes time to get used to (get ready for more dynamic approaches), I feel that it does wonders in masking that "fly on rails" syndrome which is a general weakness with P3D. 

Here is a YT clip I did some weeks ago, where you can see the subtle effect. Keep an eye on the AoA indicator of the primary flight display and notice how it continously fluctuates.  The air mass around the plane feels alive, and small corrections are needed to maintain desired flight path.

• Like 2

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

Thoroughly recommend it. Sim is vastly improved with it.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

You might also want to look at Accu-Feel from A2A.

It is now v5 compatible (currently on sale for $16) and offers a bunch of other adjustable parameters in addition to Turbulence Chop/Gusts/CAT.

https://a2asimulations.com/product/accu-feel-v-2-air-land-sea-p3dv4/

...Lloyd

Lloyd Noel (Ontario, Canada)

Intel i9 10900KF@5.2GHz / NZXT Kraken X73 AIO / MSI MPG Z590 Gaming+ / 32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance LPX / Gigabyte RTX3080Ti Gaming OC / Corsair RM1000e 1KW PS / 1TB WD Black M.2 (Win 11 Pro) / 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 .(MSFS2020) / 512GB Sabrent Rocket M.2 (XP12) / 1TB TimeTec SATA (Misc. & FS Support)

Thanks´ everyone here for waking me up! I do not understand how I could have miss this fundamental software. I have being a sim.plt. for 15 years. I have just install Real Turb, world wide, and planning for a test flight VHHH-ZGHA in my FSL A321-200 at 02.00 UTC.

Edited by Wennerholm

How do AccuFeel and RealTurb work together? Any problems?

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

Doing some research shows that Ideal Flight can do turbulence too (didn't know about that even though I already own it), so I'm going to give that a go, may be worth a look to anyone else as its a fully featured flight planner/weather provider as well?  

codelegend.com/idealflight

"Ideal Flight introduces seamless thermal, cumulous, and deflected air currents, to any weather engine. Additional air currents are provided to breathe more life into the simulated environment. Winds are channelled and deflected by terrain. Constantly and seamlessly, hot air rises and cool air falls."

• Like 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

FSUIPC has some gust and turbulence options, but I don't know how that would compare. :unsure:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

7 hours ago, kaha said:

How do AccuFeel and RealTurb work together? Any problems?

Karl

I have both installed and they seem to work perfectly together.

...Lloyd

• Upvote 1

Intel i9 10900KF@5.2GHz / NZXT Kraken X73 AIO / MSI MPG Z590 Gaming+ / 32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance LPX / Gigabyte RTX3080Ti Gaming OC / Corsair RM1000e 1KW PS / 1TB WD Black M.2 (Win 11 Pro) / 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 .(MSFS2020) / 512GB Sabrent Rocket M.2 (XP12) / 1TB TimeTec SATA (Misc. & FS Support)

How does it interact with chaseplane?  I know CP adds some movement effects also

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I have Chaseplane as well and until you mentioned it I never thought of it being a possible conflict with either RealTurb or Accu-Feel.

That said, I've never liked the motion effects in Chaseplane and have for the most part dialed them way down or turned them off.

To test, I turned the Chaseplane motioned effects back on and saw no sign of any conflicts.

....Lloyd

• Like 1