Sign in to follow this  
jrw4

Greetings from PMDG

For those of you who haven't seen it yet, Capt. R released this message earlier

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/99506-25dec20-merry-christmas-to-all-and-to-all-a-good-flight#post99556

Included is the announcement that an update to their 777 package was going out to beta testers. Normally, this would be of little interest outside of PMDG's P3D customer community, but I thought the following paragraph might be relevant here

Now- to be blunt, we are certifiably insane to continue making improvements on a 7.5 year old product. Software companies don't DO this at no cost. We arguably should simply take it off the market and replace it, and were it not for Covid and were it not for MSFS that is what would be happening about this time. But it is likely that many customers are eager to make a shift to MSFS and many more customers are feeling the economic pinch of Covid so we simply feel that it makes more sense to give you a free update and look to the inevitable need to rebuild this product for conversion to MSFS, as that makes the perfect time to completely rebuild the 777 from the ground up. We KNOW that is coming- we don't know precisely when. Probably 2022, at which time the 777 will be nine years old- so the time to make these updates is NOW.

I will let others attempt to parse the exact meaning of this to those of us on the MSFS side of the equation, but it does sound like this model will eventually reach us, although not anytime soon.

Best wishes to all for a happy holiday and safer, more sane New Year.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

i7-11700K, 32 GB DDR4 3.6 GHz, MSI RTX 3070ti, Dell 4K monitor

This is music to my ears for sure.  Jaw dropping ground scenery, ultra-realistic weather and cloud rendering, all capped off with a PMDG high-fidelity heavy metal jet crafted for 2020's amazing MSFS.   Great time to be alive for sure.  I will make sure that I do survive long enough for the 2020 MSFS PMDG777 to be released, even if I am obliged to skirmish with that pesky virus in the meantime.     

• Like 6

Best regards from Tony, at the helm of the flying desk.

Welcome news.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

The most shocking thing to me in that paragraph is that the PMDG 777 is 7.5 years old!  Wow time flies.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

time flies . good to know they are taking the time to bring this bird up for MSFS2020 ....

Image removed as image is no longer available.

I am confused. why is this good news? PMDG is targeting the 777 for MSFS sometime in 2022. Right?

(At least 2 years away). Does this mean its going to be sooner than originally anticipated?  Is 2022 considered sooner? What am I missing?

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Any time The PMDG Oracle speaks, this is good news for all mortals.   

Monitoring the clock on the wall, for the first sign of 2022. No cause for alarm.  All is well in the known universe. 

• Like 1

Best regards from Tony, at the helm of the flying desk.

no native speaker here ... but couldn't it be also understood, that they will convert it now for free (release soon after that beta) and start then to build it up from scratch for a new release 2022?

• Like 1

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I might have a pc capable of running this thing by then. No way my system can handle a study level 777 right now. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

Good news for the 777 but I only want one plane for MSFS 2020. The PMDG DC-6.

• Like 2

Tim Curtis

MSFS2020, i7-9900k 5.0Ghz, 32GB Ram, Nvidia 3080, 48" LG OLED CX

20 minutes ago, Manny said:

I am confused. why is this good news? PMDG is targeting the 777 for MSFS sometime in 2022. Right?

(At least 2 years away). Does this mean its going to be sooner than originally anticipated?  Is 2022 considered sooner? What am I missing?

2022 is 1y6d away.  This is very good news because it again affirms PMDG is on board with MSFS to the point they are diverting a complete update for P3D instead aiming for MSFS for a brand new version.  I really like the 777 ;o)

• Like 4

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

19 minutes ago, FleaJump said:

Any time The PMDG Oracle speaks, this is good news for all mortals.  

consider me immortal then 🙂

• Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

I really hope to see the PMDG 777 on MSFS before the 737. That and the 747-8 are my favorites from PMDG!

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

16 minutes ago, captain420 said:

I really hope to see the PMDG 777 on MSFS before the 737. That and the 747-8 are my favorites from PMDG!

I believe that PMDG previously indicated that the 737ng3 would be their first MSFS2020 product.

• Like 4

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

i7-11700K, 32 GB DDR4 3.6 GHz, MSI RTX 3070ti, Dell 4K monitor

9 minutes ago, jrw4 said:

I believe that PMDG previously indicated that the 737ng3 would be their first MSFS2020 product.

I hope they stand by this, it’s the only reason I bought the ngxu!

• Like 3