Is there any way to display any kind of Notepad in VR?

I wanted to do a VOR to VOR flight and normally I would simply note the frequencies on my phone or something, but there seems to be no way at all for something like this while in VR.

OVR toolkit doesn't work because of the lack of Motion controller support. The little Nav Map add on is out of date and doesn't seem to work anymore. And All Overlays aren't showing up in VR.

This is so frustrating that such a minor thing ruins it atm for me. 

Agree I would simply like to import a real nav log into the cockpit to practise navs but at present no way to do this,notepad would be perfect

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Been after this for years in FS2. Preferably part of the sim. Otherwise this came close, using openvr, so not just for dcs. Presume you need steamvr rather than openxr

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/211308-vrk-a-virtual-reality-enabled-kneeboard-with-touch-and-ink-support

Varjo Aero, Zotac 3090, i9-12900K, 32GB Ram, RX Viper Rudder Pedals, AuthentiKit Controls + Fulcrum Yoke

atk-logo-354.jpg

This is one of the reasons why I'm sticking with Oculus. It's easy to do with the Oculus Home software.

16 hours ago, kakihara123 said:

. The little Nav Map add on is out of date and doesn't seem to work anymore. 

The one I'm using works, just shows the Map and you're unable to do anything other than zoom in & out but it works.

Is there another? Would love more LNM functionality in VR

Edited by MarcG

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

37 minutes ago, andreh said:

This is one of the reasons why I'm sticking with Oculus. It's easy to do with the Oculus Home software.

Hi can you explain further,thanks

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

2 minutes ago, Jetman67 said:

Hi can you explain further,thanks

You can bring a window or the entire desktop with you into VR by opening the desktop in Oculus home and pressing the pin button in the lower left corner of the window. Then leave home and go into your VR application, resize and move the window to where you want it. Now you can have whatever software you like in the cockpit.

Wow I did not know that, will that work with a quest 1 via link cable

Wayne such

1 minute ago, Jetman67 said:

Wow I did not know that, will that work with a quest 1 via link cable

That I don't know, but I don't see why not if Quest uses the same Home software as Rift and Rift S

Cheers I'll give that a go, would be great to get my paper flight plan into VR so I can practice nav

Wayne such

18 hours ago, kakihara123 said:

Is there any way to display any kind of Notepad in VR?

I wanted to do a VOR to VOR flight and normally I would simply note the frequencies on my phone or something, but there seems to be no way at all for something like this while in VR.

OVR toolkit doesn't work because of the lack of Motion controller support. The little Nav Map add on is out of date and doesn't seem to work anymore. And All Overlays aren't showing up in VR.

This is so frustrating that such a minor thing ruins it atm for me. 

I have OVR Toolkit working with my HP Reverb G2 by using "Windows Mixed Reality for SteamVR" and setting SteamVR in Developer Current OpenXR Runtime to SteamVR. I also have fpsVR running.

Edited by sparker256

VR Flight Simulator Dual Boot Machine
Ubuntu 22.04 LTS 64 Bit Windows 11 Pro X-Plane 11.55r2 & 12.05b1 - LIAN LI LANCOOL III MESH PERFORMANCE BLACK Case - ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming WiFi 6E LGA 1700 - Intel Core i9-13900K @ 5.0 GHz - CORSAIR iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT - 64G DDR5 6400 Ram -ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 OC - Driver Version 546.01 - Dell U3415W  34" Curve 
Fulcrum One Yoke    MFG Crosswind Pedals   Bigscreen Beyond with Valve Index controllers on Windows  and trying on Linux   Vive Pro 2 with Index controllers on Windows    Pimax 8KX with Index controllers on Windows         Valve Index kit on Windows and Linux

The dev of OVR Toolkit just released a beta update which fixed the issues with MSFS: So that works now. Had a little bit of trouble scrolling around little nav map with my Index controllers but other then that it works well. Bit clunky of course compared to a real second screen but usable. 

33 minutes ago, kakihara123 said:

The dev of OVR Toolkit just released a beta update which fixed the issues with MSFS: So that works now. Had a little bit of trouble scrolling around little nav map with my Index controllers but other then that it works well. Bit clunky of course compared to a real second screen but usable. 

DO you *have* to use controllers with OVR Toolkit? or can you use the mouse or even Xbox Controller? thanks

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

19 minutes ago, MarcG said:

DO you *have* to use controllers with OVR Toolkit? or can you use the mouse or even Xbox Controller? thanks

It also works with keyboard and mouse, but much clunkier to move the window around. At least I got that working in Beatsaber. Didn't try it in MSFS though. 

1 minute ago, kakihara123 said:

It also works with keyboard and mouse, but much clunkier to move the window around. At least I got that working in Beatsaber. Didn't try it in MSFS though. 

Cool thanks, might give it a try