Sign in to follow this  
hvw

CTDs after December 2020 update

Ever since I installed the December 22 update my approaches to airports end up in a CTD around 10nm out of the airports.  Airports where this happened include ENAL (ORBX), ENVA, EDLP, EDDK (Aerosoft) as well as all stock airports where I attempted an approach to.

I am running the DVD version of FS2020 and only am using the FBW Airbus320Neo. I attempted two approaches to two different airports (LKPR and EHAM) with the stock A320Neo, but here, too, FS2020 refused to shoot the approach and had me landing at my desktop.

I did remove the Community folder, rebooted my system and restarted FS2020 to no avail. The crashes do persist. I also did a repair from within the settings/apps window, no cigar here, either.

Apart from uninstalling the entire shebang and performing a 6+ hours re-install and/or filing a bug report at Zendesk, do you have any more ideas how I might get FS2020 to work properly again?

Thanks much,
Hans

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

Hi ,

I never even had one crash sins the Start

of MSFS until to the last Patch comes in.

At this time i did 3 bigger flights and all

crashed.

One in mid flight , on short bevore the end

after the Gate docked on the plane.

And the 3 flight also somehow.

I have the feeling could be to do with the ATC

as far as sound or speak begins but not realy shure.

But Patchnotes says they have done something with the ATC so maybe..

I am pretty shure this has to do with the latest Patch, hopefully we get somehow a hotfix

before for next month Patch.

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

31 minutes ago, pmplayer said:

Hi ,

I never even had one crash sins the Start

of MSFS until to the last Patch comes in.

At this time i did 3 bigger flights and all

crashed.

One in mid flight , on short bevore the end

after the Gate docked on the plane.

And the 3 flight also somehow.

I have the feeling could be to do with the ATC

as far as sound or speak begins but not realy shure.

But Patchnotes says they have done something with the ATC so maybe..

I am pretty shure this has to do with the latest Patch, hopefully we get somehow a hotfix

before for next month Patch.

cheers 😉

Tonight I did report these CTDs I had to Zendesk. Hopefully they will respond fast and have a work-around. If they do, I will keep you all posted.

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

Sounds good !

If you interested :

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/constant-ctd-after-last-update/340419

There are more Threads about that

if you look around ..

other :

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/sim-crashes-to-desktop-every-single-time-update-1-12-13-0/339414

cheers 😉

Edited by pmplayer

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

34 minutes ago, pmplayer said:

Sounds good !

If you interested :

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/constant-ctd-after-last-update/340419

There are more Threads about that

if you look around ..

other :

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/sim-crashes-to-desktop-every-single-time-update-1-12-13-0/339414

cheers 😉

Thank you very much, it seems that we are not alone 🙂 . I will dive deeper into this matter tomorrow, it's been enough for today. 

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

I suffered my first CTD on a recent flight in the CJ4. Out of the blue no error or anything. Never happened before the last update. 

Edited by Azapata87
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, hvw said:

Thank you very much, it seems that we are not alone 🙂 . I will dive deeper into this matter tomorrow, it's been enough for today. 

No you are not. Same here and like you it happened around major airports, either after takeoff or before landing. Though I only tried third party airports, namely LOWW, EDKK and EKCH. Last time tonight in the default neo, yes I even deleted the FBW mod just to rule everything out and now my /community is empty. Yet I had a CTD right after leaving LOWW to EKCH. Multiplayer, photogrammetry and real air traffic are off anyway. Only live weather on. Tomorrow I will try some low and slow in the King Air or TBM at „smaller“ airports and see how that goes 

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

2 hours ago, Azapata87 said:

I suffered my first CTD on a recent flight in the CJ4. Out of the blue no error or anything. Never happened before the last update. 

have you read the CJ4 thread? Did you use the MSFS flight planner?

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

Had a CTD today about 3nm from 16C landing into KSEA after a Wild flight(lots of turbulence) from CYLW. Finally did have a occurrence of not only flying into snow(while in the clouds) it switched to mixed precip then to rain(then stopped closer to seattle). One of the few times seeing rain on the windscreen and hearing it too during a flight. Clouds looked great too, the CTD not so much.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

have you read the CJ4 thread? Did you use the MSFS flight planner?

No, I don’t use the MSFS planner at all. I’m aware of the issues with that and the CJ4.

1 hour ago, Azapata87 said:

No, I don’t use the MSFS planner at all. I’m aware of the issues with that and the CJ4.

If you can post the full route in that thread will be a big help

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

I have had many CTD issues with this sim... since day one. I rolled back drivers, and re installed and that seemed to help. I have had one CTD with the recent update. No error message, not even a freezing screen. Just suddenly, at the desktop.

My recommendation... Roll back your Nvidia drivers.

I just started using MSFS yesterday after a few weeks away from the sim. I immediately had odd crashes that seemed video driver related... screen would freezes and then a few seconds later the CTD. Could be anywhere from the main menu to 2 minutes into a flight.  I thought maybe Asobo had done something to make my GPU OC unstable. So I reverted to stock settings. Strangely, that cured it. I then tried rolling back Nvidia drivers to the early Dec. release. That allowed me to reimplement my GPU OC and now everything is back to stable. No CTD after several hours. 

57 minutes ago, Virtual-Chris said:

... Roll back your Nvidia drivers.

Which one do you recommend or use yourself?

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

5 minutes ago, DAD said:

Which one do you recommend or use yourself?

I went back to the last driver I was using in early December... 457.51

Edited by Virtual-Chris