Sign in to follow this  
hvw

CTDs after December 2020 update

First flights today after update. CTD after 15-20 min. Rolled back driver using DDU and installing 457.71. re-boot Pc, re-boot sim, fly, 25 min. into flight CTD. 

Ed

ASRock 2390 Phantom Gaming 4S - Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6ghz - (4.6ghz turbo) liquid cooled -32GB DDR4-3000 mhz OC - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB - 480GB SSD - 970 EVO PLUS M.2 1TB

Pilot      C152 - C172SP - PA-28-181 Archer II - Piper PA-28 Cherokee -  AOPA# 09053717

https://www.pcflyers.org/

6 minutes ago, Ed_S_Pilot said:

First flights today after update. CTD after 15-20 min. Rolled back driver using DDU and installing 457.71. re-boot Pc, re-boot sim, fly, 25 min. into flight CTD. 

Are you using a rolling cache as well? You may want to try to disable it and see if that protects you of CTDs.

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

I am using 456.71 as I do not rush to update drivers.  Lessons learned.  My philosophy is "ain't broke, don't break it".  LOL when I regard that in light of these MSFS updates.  Anyway, today I had my first MSFS CTD.  It was my first MSFS flight since the recent update.  I was inside the approach pattern nearing the turn to final at the IAF.  It was to be a 30 minute flight in the DA62.  I was experiencing a G1000 issue during the flight that had caused the displays in the PFD and MFD to swap.  Got that fixed with a follow up update to the WT G1000 mod, but fix only tested on the ground.  My next flight was in FSX SE.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

5 hours ago, hvw said:

Are you using a rolling cache as well? You may want to try to disable it and see if that protects you of CTDs.

I turned off as suggested and made the same flight as earlier today. So far, No issue. Will do a longer flight tomorrow to be sure.

Thanks

Ed

ASRock 2390 Phantom Gaming 4S - Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6ghz - (4.6ghz turbo) liquid cooled -32GB DDR4-3000 mhz OC - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB - 480GB SSD - 970 EVO PLUS M.2 1TB

Pilot      C152 - C172SP - PA-28-181 Archer II - Piper PA-28 Cherokee -  AOPA# 09053717

https://www.pcflyers.org/

5 hours ago, Ed_S_Pilot said:

I turned off as suggested and made the same flight as earlier today. So far, No issue. Will do a longer flight tomorrow to be sure.

Thanks

Sounds great, hopefully that solves the issue for you. I will make some flights, too, later today to see if all goes well here, too.

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

I too had my first CTD's after the update. What I did, was disable and delete rolling cash restart the sim and turned on rolling cash again. I did a 2.46 hour flight in the Longitude from Punta Cana to Miami Intl. with live weather (major thunderstorms on the way) without any problems afterwards.

So it might be some old, pre update stuff in the cash what caused CTD's?

1 hour ago, bvdboomen said:

I too had my first CTD's after the update. What I did, was disable and delete rolling cash restart the sim and turned on rolling cash again. I did a 2.46 hour flight in the Longitude from Punta Cana to Miami Intl. with live weather (major thunderstorms on the way) without any problems afterwards.

So it might be some old, pre update stuff in the cash what caused CTD's?

It indeed seems that the rolling cache was the culprit. I just finished a successful fight with the latest NVidia driver and rolling cache disabled. Will do some more to make sure everything is in good working order again

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Unfortunately deleting and switching off the Rolling Cache didn't work for me - CTD again in descent passing 12,000!

Asobo need to get this sorted - its now unusable since the update.  That's a CTD every time I use it and always in the descent but at various altitudes.

PMplayer just posted a WOWW thread saying turning off cache in settings so far has stopped the CTD' after the update.

Good to see these useful posts in this thread, as it gives me something to use if the CTD's come my way,

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

33 minutes ago, Millingp said:

Unfortunately deleting and switching off the Rolling Cache didn't work for me - CTD again in descent passing 12,000!

Asobo need to get this sorted - its now unusable since the update.  That's a CTD every time I use it and always in the descent but at various altitudes.

Sorry to hear that this didn't work for you. Did you file a bugreport with Zendesk?

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

33 minutes ago, Fielder said:

PMplayer just posted a WOWW thread saying turning off cache in settings so far has stopped the CTD' after the update.

Good to see these useful posts in this thread, as it gives me something to use if the CTD's come my way,

Yes, for me disabling the rolling cache worked wonders as well

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

1 hour ago, hvw said:

Sorry to hear that this didn't work for you. Did you file a bugreport with Zendesk?

Not yet - want to try a couple of other things first

3 minutes ago, Millingp said:

Not yet - want to try a couple of other things first

You may want to try to rollback your video driver to an earlier version, just an idea, I am not sure that it will solve the issue.

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

1 hour ago, hvw said:

You may want to try to rollback your video driver to an earlier version, just an idea, I am not sure that it will solve the issue.

Thanks I already tried that - made no difference - still CTD's.

Back to 456.71 as well and a flight finished in stable modded neo from LOWW to EKCH. Multiplayer and any air traffic still off though, same with photogrammetry. Still happy though after various CTDs before after the Dec 22 update 

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"