Sign in to follow this  
hvw

CTDs after December 2020 update

2 hours ago, Millingp said:

So, it would appear, at least for me, the culprit is the Working Title G3000 Mod.  I hope it gets fixed quickly as I can't do without it!!

After having a CTD just after takeoff in the modded CJ4, I tried disabling the G3000 mod (and Gx for good measure) and in retrying the same flight I’ve been able to climb to cruise so far, which is further than I’ve been able to make it if i was going to get a CTD typically (flight is still ongoing).

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

2 hours ago, hvw said:

This thread was originally about the FBW A320 and CTDs 🙂 You may want to start a new thread with the King Air and WT G3000 as subject

I was responding to MillingP in this thread about WT3000, but thanks for the tip! 🙂

Hi guys, I started exactly like you, to have CTD after the last update, I tred many different solutions, drivers, graphic setup, antivirus etc.  No result, until I set the online traffic off. After that, CTD disappeared. In the mean time I also cleared the rolling cache, letting the sim to rebuild it.  Then I set again on the online traffic and, started to have crashes again.   Not sure if this is the only reason, but, for sure, in my case, and also for a friend of mine, this solved, so far today, the CTD problem.

Note: I had the problem with real time online traffic, never tried with IA traffic only.

Edited by zetato
  • Like 1

I've had 3 CTD's in my last 3 flights in the Cessna Longitude.  I turned off the cache and cleared it, then took a flight from San Francisco - Las Vegas and everything was fine.  Normally in the first 30 minutes or less I would get the CTD.  Hopefully this is my fix for this problem.

• Like 1

It’s shocking and frightening to hear the variety of ways people are solving (and thus MSFS is creating) CTD issues. It’s frightening because I don’t have time to spend a day or two trouble shooting after every update, which means any update now could be the end of the road for me.

Perhaps Asobo needs to look at more elegant error handling?

Edited by Virtual-Chris
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Virtual-Chris said:

It’s shocking and frightening to hear the variety of ways people are solving (and thus MSFS is creating) CTD issues. It’s frightening because I don’t have time to spend a day or two trouble shooting after every update, which means any update now could be the end of the road for me.

Perhaps Asobo needs to look at more elegant error handling?

fully agree with that. too many posssible culprits or a mixture of them rendering error handling and solving difficult. As just mentioned on another CTD topic I now disabled Azure ATC to Windows Offline and check right now whether that (may) help me land into LSZH today after I got a CTD yesterday...

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

On 12/28/2020 at 2:53 PM, Millingp said:

I've done some extensive testing on this CTD issue.  The problem seems to be with the Working Title G3000 mod (I've been using the up to date mod V0.3.4.  Here's are the tests:

Rolling Cache deleted and switched off in all cases and Live Weather enabled in all.

Flight 1 - Cessna Longitude with WT G3000 mod and Longitude Flight Model Mod.  EGGP (Liverpool) to EGBB (Birmingham) RW 33 RNAV Approach selected.  Approaching EGBB descending thru 8,000 CTD!

Flight 2 - Cessna Longitude with WT G3000 mod but Longitude Flight Model Mod REMOVED.  EGGP (Liverpool) to EGBB (Birmingham) RW 33 RNAV Approach selected.  Approaching EGBB managed to get down to 4,000 but then CTD!!!

I noticed on both of above flights just before the CTD's the boarder around the inserted map in the PFD started to flicker, then CTD.

Flight 3 - Cessna Citation with Working Title CJ4 Mod V0.8.3. EGGP (Liverpool) to EGBB (Birmingham) RW 33 RNAV Approach selected.  This worked perfectly - landed without problems!!

Flight 4 - TBM with WT G3000 mod.  EGGP (Liverpool) to EGBB (Birmingham) RW 33 RNAV Approach selected.  Got down to 3,000 turning onto final and CTD!!

Flight 5 - Cessna Longitude with all Working Title Mods (G1000, G3000, CJ4) REMOVED and Longitude Flight Model Mod REMOVED.  EGGP (Liverpool) to EGBB (Birmingham) RW 33 RNAV Approach selected. This worked perfectly - landed without problems.  This was the 1st time I've completed a flight in the Longitude since the December 22nd update.

So, it would appear, at least for me, the culprit is the Working Title G3000 Mod.  I hope it gets fixed quickly as I can't do without it!!

Haven't tried any of the G1000 aircraft to check if the problem is there or not also.

Did some further tests as follows:

Same flight EGGP (Liverpool) to EGBB (Birmingham) with Live Weather enabled and Rolling Cache disabled and Working Title G3000 only enabled (WT CJ4 and WT G1000 disabled).  Flying the Longitude.

Flight 6 ILS approach to RW 33 (all other tests above were RNAV approaches to RW33).  This flight worked - NO CTD!! Landed without incident.

Flight 7 RNAV approach to RW 33 again.  Failure - CTD again in descent passing circa 8,000!!

Flight 8 ILS approach to RW 33 - just checking again!!  Once again this flight worked - NO CTD!! Landed without incident.

So, seems its WT G3000 Mod when using RNAV approaches??

1 minute ago, Millingp said:

So, seems its WT G3000 Mod when using RNAV approaches??

I don't know. I only use the FBW A320 and so far, knock on wood, all goes well. No CTDs.

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

Are you able to fly over Istambul LTBA? That was probably the airport where I had the greater number of CTD, often also before take off.

Mauro

Offline AI related ?

As the European skies are rather empty these days, I switched from realtime traffic to offline AI and had the dreaded CTD without error message (Exception code 0xc000000 in the event viewer) on 3 TBM flights today. All 3 had the same symptoms: after +/- 15 to 20 minutes, a couple of short sound stutters, screen freeze followed by a CTD.

Switching back to Live online traffic allowed me to finally complete a flight.

Jean-Paul

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

52 minutes ago, Jean-Paul said:

Switching back to Live online traffic allowed me to finally complete a flight.

Sometimes I think this sim is messing with us.  I just read a thread where someone else eliminated CTD’s by changing from live traffic to AI traffic 🤷‍♂️

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 minute ago, regis9 said:

Sometimes I think this sim is messing with us.  I just read a thread where someone else eliminated CTD’s by changing from live traffic to AI traffic 🤷‍♂️

Isn't it strange how many different occasions of CTDs have been described/reported? Some of us had problems in common, some of us had just opposite problems like live traffic vs AI traffic. One thing they all had in common, though, all these CTDs occurred only after the last, December 2020, update. Will there ever be a FS2020 update that will not cause any problems for users, I wonder? (Just a rhetorical question 🙂 ).

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

Maybe it's the ai traffic causing the ctd. I turned off all ai traffic since there are so many real people flying around at any given moment 

Just now, devgrp said:

Maybe it's the ai traffic causing the ctd. I turned off all ai traffic since there are so many real people flying around at any given moment 

There are lots of different causes for these CTDs, not only traffic related ones unfortunately.

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe