Sign in to follow this  
Ianrivaldosmith

Taburet

Why would you want to get this while Asobo and Microsoft has promised they will improve the terrain data via the world updates?

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Just now, omarsmak30 said:

Why would you want to get this while Asobo and Microsoft has promised they will improve the terrain data via the world updates?

This is a good point. whilst it is true that what Asobo promises and what it delivers is not always the same thing, the next world update is the UK, due in a couple of weeks or so, so if after that the terrain is still ropey, not that it is especially bad anyway by default, then I might look into this add-on, but until then, I think it'd be a bit daft to buy it, that is unless you don't mind potentially wasting a tenner.

Alternatively, you could actually do this yourself with the DEM data and the sim's built-in editor - I'd recommend watching some tutorial videos on using DEM data, but it isn't exactly rocket science. People who make train sim scenery tend to have a lot of good tutorials on doing it if you are looking to try that. 

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Hmm ... more of these “DEM packs” keep coming out (now on vol. 4).  Separate from the upcoming fixes from Asobom or DIY, I’d at least love it if Taburet showed actual before/after screenshots, instead of just “look at this pretty scenery” ... very difficult to know what you’re really getting.

6 hours ago, JeffChrisope said:

Hmm ... more of these “DEM packs” keep coming out (now on vol. 4).  Separate from the upcoming fixes from Asobom or DIY, I’d at least love it if Taburet showed actual before/after screenshots, instead of just “look at this pretty scenery” ... very difficult to know what you’re really getting.

Yup my thoughts entirely, without a before after comparison set of screenshots, the product pages on simmarket etc are pointless, and it's why I've never even considered buying any of that stuff. Call me suspicious, but it leads me to think that the changes might not be that impressive, which is why they haven't shown some comparison shots. After all, if it is a 'wow' difference, surely you'd want to demonstrate it?

• Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I wanted to buy this product too, but then I read on simmarket that if you install it, its better mesh renders most airports, which are based on the default mesh, useless. They partly float or have steps in their runways. Needless to say that I didn't buy any of this stuff.

• Like 1

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

3 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

I wanted to buy this product too, but then I read on simmarket that if you install it, its better mesh renders most airports, which are based on the default mesh, useless. They partly float or have steps in their runways. Needless to say that I didn't buy any of this stuff.

Since FS2k2 there have been addons to improve the default rather coarse mesh. Very welcome addons. FSgenesis now Toposim, Pilot’s etc . And the not so good mesh available in MSF in some places (the Alps for instance) makes them yet again desirable.

Do we want to wait Asobo’s good pleasure over 10 years to improve the mesh here and there or welcome 3PD products ? 

Better/sharper meshes in FSX/P3D have had a drawback though, the infamous troughs and plateaus in some airports due to the runway/taxiway/tarmac « rigidity » in the old terrain engine.  It seems that MSF in spite of its sloped runways has still an issue. Same with the relief morphing.  I’d rather have them look into these in their sdk rather to focus on a better mesh for the regions they choose. 

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

If it has "Taburet" in the name, avoid at all costs. Famous for really, really bad add-ons.

• Like 1

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

I have it.  The second it came out I was excited.  I have had it since it came out and the alps now actually look pretty good.  The only issue is terrain morphing and clipping with the higher res mesh.  But you can pick out individual peaks.  The Dolomites actually look like they should. 20m mesh is pretty decent.  Matterhorn looks like Matterhorn.  Ill post a screenshot of the Matterhorn and the Sella group before and after. It's night and day i assure you.  If you want to wait fine... I didn't and im happy.

I decided Tre Cime di Lavaredo in the dolomites was actually the best example. Its such a stark difference it doesn't even look like the same place.

With Taburet Euro mesh

https://ibb.co/nPk57S9

without

https://ibb.co/LgzypYW

Edited by aniiran
how do i link from url keeps going red
  • Like 2

Yeah...it would be great to actually get some comments from those who have actually downloaded it rather than comment by reputation.  To be fair to these developers some well known developers have already made some "poor" MSFS products but that does not make the developer unreliable (Think Orbx with London City...which I really like).  A developer may have made poor products in the past, but let's give the developer a chance at least with MSFS.  

Appreciate any feedback on the dem pack and any other MSFS scenery addons by Taburet.  Keep in mind folks we are talking about $10-12...nothing bank breaking...hopefully.  🙂 

Edited by knich

1 hour ago, l33ch86 said:

I've got it and I'm quite happy. Matterhorn is completely different:

taburet dem: https://imgur.com/YC4t5mW

orginal: https://imgur.com/adldUoY

Thanks for the feedback.  I can see a nice difference there.  Are you seeing this throughout or just in select locations within the terrain if that makes sense.

Also folks keep in mind the USA update hardly fixed most terrain issues even in the coverage areas.  That said, I am looking forward to UK update.

Here's a comparison of some of the promo screenshots and the default sim (first ones addon, second ones default):

hr24b6M.jpgZOBaPgG.jpgrndQbBO.jpgKNYiQeN.jpgLyRHcR0.jpgaabPdM3.jpgIEnTNRz.jpg62G6Iff.jpgJ9D1uQe.jpgqEPodSa.jpgGeX93gq.jpgcSaXhUa.jpg0CWCpVW.jpg7DbcbhV.jpgsldi9kY.jpgo6IfWte.jpgIEYRNql.jpgTEGx6CZ.jpg

I haven‘t bought it yet and I‘m still a bit reluctant. I would have liked to see more screenshots of places that are really messed up in the sim (such as the Jungfrau region or the Dolomites). Apart from the Matterhorn the improvement doesn‘t strike me as massive. On the other hand it‘s not that expensive. I‘d also like to see some of the reported artifacts before I make up my mind.

Edited by Shack95

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

User thoughts on UK from Simmarket:

VLADIMIR
*Verified Product User*

2020-12-25 09:37:06
After last MSFS update elevation isn't right in some places. Shannon for instance etc. If possible fix it/
Thank you

James

2020-12-22 03:48:01
Got both packs and being MSFS is quite a detailed sim I wasnt sure if there was ant real change. However after seeing some screen shots of other people in the same locations the difference is well worth the doing. Valleys are more prominant, hills more defined. Although not as detailed as some have been in previous sims with 10 meter and alike. this 20-25 mtr is better than straight out the box and can definately say it has improved the mash quality.

lee
*Verified Product User*

2020-12-20 16:21:33
Bit expensive for what it is and I can't see any difference from the 'default' MSFS terrain apart form shoreline areas. It all looks the same.

Milosz

2020-12-19 15:25:33
I must say I’m really impressed. It’s definitely worth the price as it covers a huge area. It doesn’t affect the performance. I haven’t noticed any conflicts with orbx Olbia but I need to check more airports. I’m really pleased with this add on as it proves custom mesh is possible in msfs. Highly recommended!