Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Spit40

OpenXR v SteamVR

Recommended Posts

So am I right that openXR is now the preferred replacement for SteamVR rather than something that works with it? If so then I wonder about all those many options you can configure in SteamVR. Super sampling rates, audio and any more. Is there an openXR config equivalent? I got the developer tool and there’s just one option - motion vector.


Reverb G2, Zotac 3090, i7-6700, 32GB Ram, Fulcrum One Yoke, RX Viper Rudder Pedals.

atk-logo-354.jpg

Share this post


Link to post

I'd say so. It made a big improvement on my system in almost all games I play, but unfortunately MSFS doesn't seem to utilise it correctly with Oculus link. It's as if the frame rate is locked at something the Quest headsets can't apply ASW to in a clean manner

The other headsets are probably working really well with it.

 

Edited by dogmanbird

Win 10 21h1, AMD 5900X/5950x, Asus x570 Rog Strix - E/F, 32 GB 3600, RTX 3080/3090, 1TB Samsung Evo NVME, Quest 1, Reverb G2  

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Spit40 said:

So am I right that openXR is now the preferred replacement for SteamVR rather than something that works with it? If so then I wonder about all those many options you can configure in SteamVR. Super sampling rates, audio and any more. Is there an openXR config equivalent? I got the developer tool and there’s just one option - motion vector.

OpenXR for Reverb and WMR, SteamVR for the rest of HMD. Check VR corner here :).


Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, dogmanbird said:

I'd say so. It made a big improvement on my system in almost all games I play, but unfortunately MSFS doesn't seem to utilise it correctly with Oculus link. It's as if the frame rate is locked at something the Quest headsets can't apply ASW to in a clean manner

The other headsets are probably working really well with it.

 

Right? I was wondering why my performance with the Quest2 is so bad. I get sick after 5 minutes. Like a slideshow almost...changing settings doesn't help. I can run on high or minimal. Same performance

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, YoYo said:

OpenXR for Reverb and WMR, SteamVR for the rest of HMD. Check VR corner here :).

Thanks. I've seen lot sof threads making reference to this but couldn't get a definitive on the and/or aspect of the two approaches. Is there a thread called VR Corner or a subforum - can't find either.

Is there some documentation anywhere how to do the equivalent settings that you get in SteamVR?

Edited by Spit40

Reverb G2, Zotac 3090, i7-6700, 32GB Ram, Fulcrum One Yoke, RX Viper Rudder Pedals.

atk-logo-354.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, YoYo said:

OpenXR for Reverb and WMR, SteamVR for the rest of HMD. Check VR corner here :).

So I should be using Steam VR with my Oculus Rift? I don’t currently use it - I just open MSFS from my desktop shortcut, put on the headset and press Ctrl+tab.

Edited by Ian C
Amended wording

Share this post


Link to post
56 minutes ago, Ian C said:

So I should be using Steam VR with my Oculus Rift? I don’t currently use it - I just open MSFS from my desktop shortcut, put on the headset and press Ctrl+tab.

yes i would like to know how and if better asw faulty on rift s with occulus software


Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

Share this post


Link to post

Quest 1 & 2 don't follow the regular config rules for PC VR setup. A lot of the tips and tricks that work for the CV1 & Rift S etc don't work as well.

Edited by dogmanbird

Win 10 21h1, AMD 5900X/5950x, Asus x570 Rog Strix - E/F, 32 GB 3600, RTX 3080/3090, 1TB Samsung Evo NVME, Quest 1, Reverb G2  

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
×
×
  • Create New...