Sign in to follow this  
jabloomf1230

Airport Design Editor for MSFS alpha version released

Head on over to the FSDeveloper for the the first public release of ADE for MSFS. It's a well-tested alpha, but it is missing features and has a few bugs. One can use ADE to import both FSX and MSFS stock airports as a starting point. Most ADE features for P3d and FSX work in the MSFS version. There's more details at FSDeveloper ADE forum.

• Like 16
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Manny said:

I needed a refresher on what are the things ADE did for FSX/P3D and Its here to give you an idea. I used it heavily 10-15 years ago. Sigh! Now I've forgotten.

https://www.scruffyducksoftware.com/airport-design-editor

I used Airport Facilitator X from Flight 1, but this is the same. I used it to create "X-Runways" Taxiways. It enabled crossing runways that had planes ready to take off on. It kept down the big traffic jams at busy airports. Could also edit gates to dictate which airlines and which sizes used them. Don't have to worry about either one of those things in MSFS yet, but you can also edit/create taxiways with proper designations, and do just about anything else related to airports, edit/create ILS, GS, DMEs....

Nice. Are we able to edit MSFS stock or addon airports ? Anyone knows ? Thanks.

Edited by kt069

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

8 hours ago, kt069 said:

Nice. Are we able to edit MSFS stock or addon airports ? Anyone knows ? Thanks.

Yes, you can edit a stock MSFS airport and create a new version. ADE will create either an XML file or a compiled package. The former can be opened in the MSFS SDK Scenery Editor for further modification. The latter works directly in MSFS without any additional effort.

Ask additional questions at FSDeveloper.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Yes, you can edit a stock MSFS airport and create a new version. ADE will create either an XML file or a compiled package. The former can be opened in the MSFS SDK Scenery Editor for further modification. The latter works directly in MSFS without any additional effort.

Heard echos about this, on forums and discord channel. Aparently Scruffyduck has done an AMAZING job with it.!

All I need for now is an object placing program and library.  I'll get onto ADE and then converting google images into scenery later on once I've got everything running the way I want it.

At the moment, I just want to populate some glider fields with some static gliders, hangars, tugs, winches, etc.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

2 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Thanks for the information. You seem to be more aware of the tool than me. 

A small question : I tried it but could not open a stock airport, today. It says "could not find the foldersor file" which are already there. I think this is related with authorization of ADE. I tried the powershell command mentioned in the manual but was not successfull. How to apply that command correctly ? Thanks

Get-ChildItem "V:\alpha_10" -recurse -file | % {Unblock-File -Path $_.FullName}

Edited by kt069

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

Would I be able to place a custom runway texture or taxiway texture and aprons? Take it from some aerial image and just overlay it with a %age of transparency. I loath shiny runways and new/shiny layout markings. It's not real looking at all. Airports need to look weathered. Some addon airports come out with perfectly laid runways with artificial weathering with few tire marks. 

Edited by Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I hope the ILS frequencies in new 3rd party airports will now display in the MFD's airport info Freq fields as it does in default airports and also FSDT's CYVR.  I assume they won't for ones already released w/o patching them. 

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Do you think a user could add a simple grass strip with a few simple hangars?

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Well, I now understand why every taxiway sign is WAY too small. They’re all size 1 by default. That’s sad 😕

Anyone know if there’s a way to make taxiway signs two sided?

Edited by FlyingInACessna

Whoa, I was not expecting to see this today. Can’t wait to try it out.

Thanks to the devs! Happy New Year too!

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png