Sign in to follow this  
Fielder

Ultralight revisited....

Let's call for pushback on this big boy....

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I bought this thing 15 minutes ago now. v.1.1 patch:

- Damage threshold has been increased to avoid gears breaking on rough surfaces
- Custom pilot model has been integrated into the model and default pilot selection function has been removed
- Implemented flaps functionality
- Minor sound tweaks

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Well, OK after 10 minutes flying (started in Yosemite) and warping speed (sim rate increase) to land in Mariposa as it looked to be the closest strip/

1) At first I though the sim was in pause, but no it's just so slow that at 1500 feet nothing is moving much 🙂

2) It landed easier than any plane so far. None are hard to land but this one just is a simple as could be imagined.

3) It has wide open views including downward for sightseeing, which I guess is the whole idea.

4) Flaps worked.

8rHjHBP.jpg

V3mR3zf.jpg

Thx for sharing infos and video!

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

I really like the idea that you can call up the Marketplace without firing up the MFS sim.  That is a good feature.  This Nemeth Disigns Aerolite 103 looks to be a good addon.  A little pricy for what it is, but, if they can't build helicopters they gotta do something to stay busy and create some cash flow. I will probably get this later on today.

Regards,

Ray

Microsoft Flight Simulator | Marketplace | Nemeth Designs Aerolite 103 | DPSimulation

Now if they put some simple floats on this thing, they would really have something unique. hint, hint.

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

1 hour ago, raymar said:

I really like the idea that you can call up the Marketplace without firing up the MFS sim. 

????

James

Hey Ray @raymar-

I loved the ultralight for scenery checking in FSX/P3D so I’d be interested in your thoughts if you decide to buy....

Ta- C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Can't wait for some of their choppers! Although I know I'll be waiting a while...

1 hour ago, cavaricooper said:

Hey Ray @raymar-

I loved the ultralight for scenery checking in FSX/P3D so I’d be interested in your thoughts if you decide to buy....

Ta- C

I have so much going on this week that it will probably be sometime in January.  Don't you think Orville and Wilbur would have loved to have that Ultralight at Kill Devil in December 1903. 😲

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

12 minutes ago, raymar said:

Don't you think Orville and Wilbur would have loved to have that Ultralight at Kill Devil in December 1903. 😲

Don't think so. They'd have said 'Shoot! It's already been done. We wasted a lot of time on this heap of sticks' 😣

• Like 2

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I've really taken a fancy to this. Used the ultralight and the Paraglider a lot in FSX and P3D for exploring new scenery.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, raymar said:

I have so much going on this week that it will probably be sometime in January.  Don't you think Orville and Wilbur would have loved to have that Ultralight at Kill Devil in December 1903. 😲

I suspect the 8 to 12 HP 180lb custom engine they built would not get the Aerolite 103 off the ground.  Typical engines for the Aerolite 103 produce 4 to 5 times that power and are about a third the weight. 

Now hand them a modern Rotax engine to mess about with, that would have got them excited for sure.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 1