Sign in to follow this  
kowen

Sim Start App

I used to use SimStarter for P3D to run all my external apps. Any recommendations on something similar with MSFS? Wanting to automatically fire off MSFS and many external applications with a single click. Really dont want to do batch files. 

how many external programs are you running that you would need an app to start them all? Only external program I run is little nav map and thats on a remote pc

A few and it depends on a few things so profiles would be nice. Pilot2ATC, FSEconomy, Rex Weather to name a few. 

5 minutes ago, kowen said:

A few and it depends on a few things so profiles would be nice. Pilot2ATC, FSEconomy, Rex Weather to name a few. 

the addon sim linker should be able to start all those programs

• Upvote 2

Is Simstarter coming to MSFS is a more relevant question ?

Probably THE best utility ever for P3D.

It can change so many things and when you have a lot of stuff in the community folder, AND harder core aircraft come out, being able to change settings such as graphics, Traffic, weather etc would be invaluable.

Can't believe this hasn't been asked before.

I, for one, use SPLAT for years and really love this simple freeware tool.

With a simple shortcut on my desktop I run all the programs I want at the same time as MSFS. You can add as many as you want, organize the launch order, and decide the launch timing for each program.

With P3D I had about ten programs that started with a single click. Here is the MSFS configuration.

t5Ntas.jpg

Here is the Edit window, for each new entry.

jmii6W.jpg

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

On 12/26/2020 at 8:09 AM, kowen said:

Wanting to automatically fire off MSFS and many external applications with a single click.

Addons Linker will do this for you.   And help manage your community folder.

On 12/26/2020 at 5:09 PM, kowen said:

I used to use SimStarter for P3D to run all my external apps. Any recommendations on something similar with MSFS? Wanting to automatically fire off MSFS and many external applications with a single click. Really dont want to do batch files. 

MSFS AddonsLinker

https://flightsim.to/file/1572/msfs-addons-linker

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

On 12/26/2020 at 2:11 PM, devgrp said:

how many external programs are you running that you would need an app to start them all? Only external program I run is little nav map and thats on a remote pc

Personally I run:

- MSF 2020 (obviously!)

- Little Navmap

- Volanta

- NeoFly

- OVRToolkit

- WMR

- SteamVR

Maybe I need an auto batch start as well 😂

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

2 hours ago, kaosfere said:

Addons Linker will do this for you.   And help manage your community folder.

I am not sure this is correct, Linker works by loading mods.  I dont think you can point to and run an external .exe file.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

1 hour ago, Mike S KPDX said:

I am not sure this is correct, Linker works by loading mods.  I dont think you can point to and run an external .exe file.

Under Tools/Options/Additional Options you can add .exe's to auto launch with the sim 😉

Edited by The_Moose
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, David Roch said:

With P3D I had about ten programs that started with a single click. Here is the MSFS configuration.

Just an FYI, newer versions of FSUIPC write an EXE.XML and FSUIPC loads that way. Noticed you're also loading it thru Splat.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

On 12/26/2020 at 9:09 AM, kowen said:

I use FSUIPC7. I start MSFS and when FSUIPC initializes, it starts all the apps I want running with the sim. Eg. SPAD Next, MultiCrew experience and trackIr are apps I never have to start or shutdown manually, FSUIPC does it all for me.

Not looking at the manual right now, but if I am not mistaken it allows as much as 23apps to start and shut down or close with MSFS. 

Robin