Sign in to follow this  
stubbornswiss

New User - Couple of Questions

Greetings, and a Merry Christmas!

Having flown flight sims for about 15 years, I must confess I am only now coming onboard with Pilot2ATC. And I must say... truly amazing piece of software! I downloaded the software, installed it and had a look around. About 15 minutes later, I had paid for a license, even before my first flight with it. So far. no regrets whatsoever. Thank you for this.

I do have a couple of questions (at least for now), if you don't mind.

First off, I set up a flight with an airline called Arik Air (ICAO Code: ARA). In the Config>P2A Setup tab, if you enter ARA in the Airline Lookup box, it pulls up the airline correctly. However, when using SayIt to contact a controller, the word Arik is actually spelled out, so you have " A-R-I-K Air", instead of "Arik Air". Funny thing though, when the controller responds, he/she calls the name correctly, as in "Arik Air". As can be imagined, this can be a bit irritating, and I am wondering if there is anything I can do to rectify this.

Secondly, I have found that on some occasions, when I respond to ATC using SayIt, although I hear the audible response, the text box does not show a green confirmation, but the gold text with the tilde remains. So there is no confirmation that you have actually responded, although if you try and respond again, it does nothing. Again, a bit of an irritant.

Thirdly, I have Adobe Acrobat Pro as my default .pdf program, and I have not yet got it to work with P2A to get the TERP's to show 'in' the program. I know it is recommended to use Adobe Reader with P2A, but I am wondering if there is any way to get Acrobat to work.

Finally, I have installed X-Chatter into P2A, and it all seems to be working correctly. I just dropped the whole Regions folder from X-Chatter into the P2A>Sounds>ATC_Chatter folder, as I believe is the correct way. I have 8 Regions folders. But looking in P2A, under the Config>Sounds tab, under the  Default Regn pull down, there are only 5 regions available to select as default, including the Custom region folder, which in my case is empty. How can I choose a region that is not shown, to be my default region?

I would really appreciate any assistance with these items, although they are definitely not stopping me from using the software in any way whatsoever.

Again, many thanks for this really good addition to my flight sim tool box.

Stay safe!

Albert

i7-9700KF; RTX 2070 Super; Z390 Phantom Gaming 4S, 32gb G Skill 3600;
2TB 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVme; 2TB 860 EVO SSD; 1TB 860 EVO SSD; Li 205 ATX Case; Windows 10 Pro x64

Glad you're enjoying the software.  I'll number the responses to try and keep them straight.

1. Different voices do pronounce  things differently.  If Arik is in camel case and not all uppercase letters, most voices will say the word, but if it's ARIK Air, then you will get a mix.  If it is camel case, try changing the spelling to Arrick to see if it will pronounce it correctly.

2. SayIt goes through the recognition engine the same as your voice.  There are a few phrases that don't always get interpreted correctly and so don't show up in green.  If you can make note of the specific phrases and send to me at admin@pilot2atc.com, I'll try and fix them.

3. You must set the Reader up as the default PDF view in both Windows and in the Adobe program itself.  There is also a free reader named Foxit Reader that a lot of users have tried and found to work.

4. This may be a bug. I'll have to check the latest Chatter Regions and be sure they all show.  I'll fix it for the next update.

Dave

Thanks Dave. Having read through a lot of the threads here, I must say that your support and feedback is truly top notch. Much appreciated.

1. I did what you suggested, and that took care of that problem.

2. As suggested, I will try and make note of any phrases I come across in future, and get these back to you.

3. I downloaded and installed Reader and set it up as instructed, and it works as it should. The only problem is other than for P2A, I really don't need Reader, as I already have Acrobat. Any chance you could look into the possibility of getting Acrobat to work with P2A, seeing that they are both Adobe products, and Acrobat is really just a 'big brother' to reader?

4. Not a biggie, but would be nice if this could be sorted.

Again many thank! Stay safe and enjoy the rest of the Sunday.

Now back to flying...... with Pilot2ATC!!

Albert

2TB 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVme; 2TB 860 EVO SSD; 1TB 860 EVO SSD; Li 205 ATX Case; Windows 10 Pro x64

OK... its me again!!

If I make changes to the config settings during a flight, do they take immediate effect, or only on the next loading of the software? In particular, if I increase the speech speed of one of my voices, will I notice the change immediately (during a flight)?

Thanks.

Albert

Most take effect immediately, but speech speed would only take effect the next time the voice is loaded, so it depends....not determinable exactly when.

Ok... thanks for that.

By the way. I just have to say this again.

This is truly an awesome piece of software. I have done quite a number of flights using it, as I continue to learn about it. I have also learned how to use the Taxi Mnt feature, to actually add/edit the taxiways and gates to a custom airport. Still quite a bit to learn, but coming along nicely.

Thanks again!!

Albert