Sign in to follow this  
Todd2

Piaggio / FW P.149 released for MSFS (ATSim)!

One could easily make a paint without registration, but for the asobo codes to show up you need to talk to AT Simulations I think. I would have no idea how to do this..

All my FSX/P3D repaints are here on Avsim, for my MSFS repaints, go to FS.2

I just re-downloaded and re-installed.  Although it said v2 (the same as before) it is different.  The fuel pump makes a nice noise now! :biggrin: Not sure what else is different yet.

Still no joy with the radios though.  I can get them on, but even when the airport tower shows on the ATC menu, I can't get it to talk to me!  Pressing 1 or on the blue button itself (in ATC menu) does nothing.

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

13 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

I just re-downloaded and re-installed.  Although it said v2 (the same as before) it is different.  The fuel pump makes a nice noise now! :biggrin: Not sure what else is different yet.

Still no joy with the radios though.  I can get them on, but even when the airport tower shows on the ATC menu, I can't get it to talk to me!  Pressing 1 or on the blue button itself (in ATC menu) does nothing.

It seems that you need to tune the frequency manually (For now at least)

• Like 1

Juan Ramos

2 hours ago, xender said:

It seems that you need to tune the frequency manually (For now at least)

And don't forget to turn the volume up.

• Like 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

On 12/28/2020 at 8:29 AM, Stoopy said:

This is normal since the German labels are just more strict.

Meant to do this yesterday - "ha! Good one."

• Like 2

How can I set a COM frequency like 119.980? I have only 25 KHz steps!

Win 10 Pro | P3Dv4.5 | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | I5-9600K @ 4.8GHz | RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB RAM | SSD | T.16000M

jan kees blom repaint in the French tricolor is probably the best livery I've seen for any MSFS plane!

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

23 minutes ago, lupedelupe said:

Has anyone figured out how to switch the mags off? 

use the mouse scroll wheel

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Guys, i have a really stupid question: How should i use the gauge #25? (Directional gyro) What's the utility of it? One of the knobs controls the little needle while the other controls the gauge placard but i cant figure out how to use it. 😕

Untitled.jpg

Juan Ramos

16 minutes ago, xender said:

Guys, i have a really stupid question: How should i use the gauge #25? (Directional gyro) What's the utility of it? One of the knobs controls the little needle while the other controls the gauge placard but i cant figure out how to use it. 😕

Untitled.jpg

First you need to turn it on from the overhead panel - it will swing around for a bit! :biggrin:

I then line up the pointer with the compass.  I normally leave the lines set on 'north', but if you wanted to follow a certain heading, turn the box lines to this heading and then wait for the needle to line up as you turn. 

It is a fairly basic device that just makes it easier to view and follow than the compass.  If there is anything more to this, or I have missed something, hopefully someone else can chip in. 

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Off to Duckie...

YIF5ZMD.jpg

There is SO MUCH to love about this aeroplane.  Bob's your Uncle- he's exactly correct and old Tutor and Moth pilots will feel right at home with the Gyro Compass.  

C

• Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

13 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

First you need to turn it on from the overhead panel - it will swing around for a bit! :biggrin:

I then line up the pointer with the compass.  I normally leave the lines set on 'north', but if you wanted to follow a certain heading, turn the box lines to this heading and then wait for the needle to line up as you turn. 

It is a fairly basic device that just makes it easier to view and follow than the compass.  If there is anything more to this, or I have missed something, hopefully someone else can chip in. 

Ohh i see!

Let me see if im following: If i need to follow lets say heading 270 i should adjust the box lines to 270 and then turn the airplane until the needle gets centered between the box lines. After that i should steer the plane to keep the needle centered between the box lines. Is that correct?

• Like 1

Juan Ramos

Yes, but only for long cross country segments- otherwise the pointer tells you your heading for quick maneuvers, and the Whiskey still works for cross reference.

BTW- your English is a LOT better than my Spanish- no apology needed 🙂

Edited by cavaricooper

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper