Sign in to follow this  
Todd2

Piaggio / FW P.149 released for MSFS (ATSim)!

Great, glad it works for you now!

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

Just bought this plane. Amazing

Certainly flies very nicely. The best I have tried in mfs so far 

only issues are the overly loud touch down noises & it looks like I cannot adjust the prop rpm? The lever is locked at 0%

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, tommy10101 said:

Just bought this plane. Amazing

Certainly flies very nicely. The best I have tried in mfs so far 

only issues are the overly loud touch down noises & it looks like I cannot adjust the prop rpm? The lever is locked at 0%

Yes, it's great.  It will be even better with a few fixes from the developer.

The over-loud touch-down noise has been noted, but the prop speed should be easily adjustable. 

I set mine down to 2750rpm quite a lot, as I believe that is what it says to cruise at on the panel. (with throttle at .072 atmospheres).

By the way, click on the German flag on the panel to change the language - a nice little touch, plus you can open the canopy in flight; but if you don't like the loud noises, be careful doing that! :biggrin:

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I just finished a 90 minute flight in this bird: full overcast most of the way, hand-flying the thing on instruments, hopping VOR to VOR with just the one nav radio and shooting an ILS at the end.   (I did cheat slightly and put a DME gauge on one of my Stream Decks because it's almost impossible to find instrument procedures in Germany that don't require one).

It did exactly what I expected it to and got me where I wanted to be.  Trimmed out very well and required minimal correction in level flight.  It's hard to argue with that.

(It'd be nice if I could tune the nav radio with one of my hardware controls, though).

All in a very fun little plane.   The touchdown sounds will hopefully be fixed soon; aside from that I've really no complaints.

• Like 2

Ah was my mistake with the prop rpm - have to use scroll wheel, click and drag doesn’t work. (Not using my throttle quadrant atm)

it’s my new fav plane.

it rains and snows inside the cockpit however 🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tommy10101 said:

Yiu must have the Piaggio version. It's an Italian thing. Never rains in sunny Italy. Try the German one, they use mastic round the windows.

• Like 2

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

30 minutes ago, tommy10101 said:

Ah was my mistake with the prop rpm - have to use scroll wheel, click and drag doesn’t work. (Not using my throttle quadrant atm)

it’s my new fav plane.

Yes, that's another little bug at the moment.

Based on how this developer responds over the next week or two, I might buy the Cri-Cri from them - that is something completely different to what I have in the sim currently. 

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Ron must be right, in the German version it does not rain inside the cockpit. I also made an IFR flight for about one hour. Without a DME reading it is a bit challenging navigating from one VOR to the next, but it works very well. 

Also good for aerobatics:

• Like 1

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

7 hours ago, Viking01 said:

ithout a DME reading it is a bit challenging navigating from one VOR to the next, but it works very well.

Yeah -- that's the one additional thing I gave myself on that lengthy IFR flight -- not so much for the VOR to VOR stuff, but for the approaches.   In my case, since I have two Stream Decks on my flight desk, I turned a button on one into a DME readout, reading from the sim.   There are any number of other external companion apps folks could use to do the same.

I don't really feel like this is cheating too much;  bolting a KN-62 or similar onto this to make it more functional in the modern airspace feels like something one might be likely to do. There's still no magenta line. 😁

Edited by kaosfere

On 1/1/2021 at 7:40 AM, Daytona125 said:

After getting your plane started and everything running as you think it should try hitting alt+e. I know it’s not realistic but if this works it may get you by until an update. Radios are wonky for me too(won’t tune through ATC). Also make sure they are turned on(inside left knob press there I think)

I'm having the exact same issue.  I can't dial in exact tower or ground frequencies that ATC gives me to communicate.  

this is this onl issue I have with the aircraft. 

Capt. Robert Rixx

I've also noticed that your nav radio doesn't seem to work unless you also have the com radio on.   Probably not a thing for most folks, but I sometimes fly with com off if I just don't want to be bothered with ATC messages.

We do seem to be unable to tune things like 119.080, as someone noted above (I forget who, sorry!), due to it only stepping in 0.025 kHz

Rob-

I was assured Andrey was watching this thread and working on an update.  Hoping all these issues are being tracked and fixed.  I trust AT Simulations.

C

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

14 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

I trust AT Simulations.

As do i.  🙂  He was very responsive to feedback on the Cri-Cri, and I fully expect the same here.   And for the AN-2, whenever we're finally blessed with its release.  😄

• Like 1

Does the mixture do anything for you? Flying up beyond 10000ft with 100% not seeing any effect...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

I saw two different explanations about the P-149 Mixture: One says it's an Auto-Mixture, the other one says you should lean. I saw no effect either way. Maybe Andrey can explain that.

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider