Sign in to follow this  
Todd2

Piaggio / FW P.149 released for MSFS (ATSim)!

42 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

PS.  I am still a novice.  Most of the stuff I know I learnt from my dad's stories from when he was in the RAF out in India and Burma during the war.

But am I right in thinking prop full forward is what he would have called 'fine pitch', and pulled back would be 'coarse pitch'?  As I see the prop change pitch when it is static, but I am not sure if it behaves the same under power in the air.

CBI is a huge part of my C-47 flying... 

Yes, fine= full forward

C

• Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

30 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

CBI is a huge part of my C-47 flying... 

The Dakota (or Dak) as my dad called it, was his favourite aircraft. 
His own squadron (82) actually flew a rare bird - Vultee Vengeance (a dive bomber - closest they had to a Stuka! 😄).

He was only a fight engineer though (only Ha!), but he used to move them around, and go up and man the rear gun position in the Vengeance when he was called upon. 
His stories could fill a book and got me started on all this and aviation in general when I was a kid.

I just wish he was around to see how this flight simulator is developing now - he would be absolutely amazed! 
The last one he saw was Flight Unlimited, which wasn't too bad in its day.
I reckon if he was still around now, he would get a decent circuit out of the Piaggio and absolutely love doing it!  👍

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I just got this airplane, and am reading through the forum... has anyone run into a non functioning attitude indicator?  I can cage it and free it, but it is not working.. am I missing a switch?

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

Just now, Bert Pieke said:

I just got this airplane, and am reading through the forum... has anyone run into a non functioning attitude indicator?  I can cage it and free it, but it is not working..

Have you turned on the gyro using the overhead switch?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

I just got this airplane, and am reading through the forum... has anyone run into a non functioning attitude indicator?  I can cage it and free it, but it is not working..

No Bert.  Horizontal line moves straight to position when sliding the uncage button up. 

Good shout by Kaos there.  I normally turn my gyro on straight away so I would not have noticed if it is linked.

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Someone else mentioned earlier that clicking the flag in the cockpit turns the labels into English. This helped me a lot! Just thought I would mention it again for the people having trouble. 

Edited by Ridvan Celik
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, kaosfere said:

Have you turned on the gyro using the overhead switch?

Bingo, thanks! 😉

• Like 1

Bert

On 1/4/2021 at 7:41 AM, cavaricooper said:

Yes, but Mixture is traditionally used.... there’s also a Fuel Cut-Off in this aircraft that does the job. Mags are never the primary cut, secondary.

C

Presumably because the mag switch actually just shorts the mags as a safety feature and hence is not a reliable way to shut down, plus just switching the mags off would leave some carbs full of fuel that may cause issues with fuel separation etc if left that way too long.

Does anyone know if this aircraft is likely to end up on the marketplace eventually ?

5 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Does anyone know if this aircraft is likely to end up on the marketplace eventually ?

According to their Facebook page, they're "in communication" with Microsoft about it.

• Like 1

For all a correction from a mistake on my side:

The HSI is VOR and LOC only! The triangles are NOT an GS indication. It has none. The triangles are To/From indication in reference to your/their position and your direction.

Sorry for that!

• Like 2

Happy flying!
Alexander M. Metzger

Is it's inability to stall in any meaningful manner or, I have been told***, not tried it myself, it's inability to spin. A hammerhead results in the opposite to a full right rudder at the vertical stage.

Apart from that, a cracking little aircraft.

***Someone who actually used to fly one.

• Like 2

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

FYI, if you fly into KBUR you won't be able dial in the tower freq: 118.700.  700 is missing in the step up of frequency. hopefully todane update didn't mess with the aircraft.

Thanks,

Edited by FireRx

Capt. Robert Rixx