Sign in to follow this  
Todd2

Piaggio / FW P.149 released for MSFS (ATSim)!

Did anyone hear from developers? I have messaged them week and half ago but no one responded 

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

The same with me. No response to email requests.

Win 10 Pro | P3Dv4.5 | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | I5-9600K @ 4.8GHz | RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB RAM | SSD | T.16000M

I wonder if orthodox christmas and orthodox new year (which is today) have anything to do with it!

22 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

I wonder if orthodox christmas and orthodox new year (which is today) have anything to do with it!

I would say you might be right!

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

20 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

Did anyone hear from developers? I have messaged them week and half ago but no one responded 

I had a similar experience when emailing a question regarding the download link to Andrey, but after  a week  and a half or so I tried a second time and added the email for the "broker" site (2checkout support) which created a ticket apparently, and then I heard back from him promptly.  It could be that he has a high workload and is depending on tickets to notify him of support requests - just my impression.

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

21 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

8 hours ago, Mr Metzger told me on youtube that 1) it's coming to MSFS marketplace soon and 2) they just finished doing an update.

• Like 2

For those without FB I'm fairly certain @metzgergva will pop in here to post when the update drops.  

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

I know I am probably being a bit thick, but could somebody tell me how to set up the directional gyro. Do I align the compass rose to the wet compass on the ground, and also the direction arrow so they are both pointing straight up before I take off?

Varjo Aero, Zotac 3090, i9-12900K, 32GB Ram, RX Viper Rudder Pedals, AuthentiKit Controls + Fulcrum Yoke

atk-logo-354.jpg

16 minutes ago, Spit40 said:

I know I am probably being a bit thick, but could somebody tell me how to set up the directional gyro. Do I align the compass rose to the wet compass on the ground, and also the direction arrow so they are both pointing straight up before I take off?

You have to set course arrow  to  a heading compass and the heading arrow to desired heading. It's a very simple directional gyro

• Like 1

Hi. I`ve bought this beauty too this week and looked forward to start flying on IVAO. My radio works, but you probably know the problem that the frequences can only be switched in .20steps I thiks. So is here somebody how uses this plane on IVAO also and how do you handle this?

And a second question: if you fly on IVAO, which mtl-plane do you choose, can I compare it with a c152/c172 or what would be the most logical?

sorry for my english,

Stefan

FYI. Here is a possible workaround until Andrey gets the next version sorted out. (Soon, we hope.) If you load the aircraft and discover (1) you have bent props and the engine will not start or (2) you have your pilots sitting outside of the cockpit in external view ... hit ESC and select the RESTART item in the menu. Not elegant but it might work for you. Hope this helps.

Now a question. Anyone able to use the P149 in multiplayer and have others (who own the aircraft) see you? (Using normal procedures, the other pilot can see your label and your navigation lights ... and an empty space that should be your aircraft. Other pilots who do not own the P149 see a standard substitute.) Andrey has produced a delightful characterful aircraft that would be ideal for many multiplayer sessions! It would be wonderful to be able to use it in multiplayer. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

11 minutes ago, MM said:

hit ESC and select the RESTART item in the menu.

Top tip. That beats the long trek back to the Welcome screen. 👍

P.S. There doesn't seem to be much concern on this thread about the invisibility of the FW/Piaggio in multiplayer. Maybe people don't give a thought about it.

Make some noise!

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Multiplayer pilots are more the quiet types.... but they are here and more than one may think!

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

Well, I for one purchased the aircraft and enjoyed my first flight with it, but was very disappointed to discover that it was unsuitable for our multiplayer flights.  A real shame.  I keep hoping that this will be fixed but have heard nothing on the forums that this deficiency is going to be addressed.  I will continue to lurk in silence and hope.  

• Upvote 1

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

6 hours ago, Steffsche81 said:

Hi. I`ve bought this beauty too this week and looked forward to start flying on IVAO. My radio works, but you probably know the problem that the frequences can only be switched in .20steps I thiks. So is here somebody how uses this plane on IVAO also and how do you handle this?

And a second question: if you fly on IVAO, which mtl-plane do you choose, can I compare it with a c152/c172 or what would be the most logical?

sorry for my english,

Stefan

I emailed the developer about this and Andrey from ATsimulations replied that the radio modelled in the plane, the Becker COMM2000, in real life can only step in 0.250 Mhz increments. So unfortunately its not a bug but how the real unit operated.

He said they were looking into the issue (since many regions use smaller steps). But I dont know what they will do, perhaps update it with a newer model radio that would be legal for places like Europe (this is just my speculation).