Sign in to follow this  
Todd2

Piaggio / FW P.149 released for MSFS (ATSim)!

4 minutes ago, riverreveal said:

I was waiting for the long awaited update before taking the plunge on the Piaggio. However, their update coincided with the JF Arrow and the joys of Sim update 3, so it went off my radar. Did the patch fix a lot of the issues people had? 

Yep. There are certainly fewer reasons not to buy now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

1 minute ago, riverreveal said:

I was waiting for the long awaited update before taking the plunge on the Piaggio. However, their update coincided with the JF Arrow and the joys of Sim update 3, so it went off my radar. Did the patch fix a lot of the issues people had? 

Yup, it's sorted. I did a review of the patched version the other day:

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

You can only fly so many aircraft but a nice 50s GA aircraft would a fun addition to the sim.  Thanks for reviewing the patched version!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

Let me agree with many many others that this is a lovely contribution to our community. The aircraft is interesting on its own right – a combination of Italian design and German manufacture. In the simulation a whole lot of character comes through. It is a noisy and direct and responsive aircraft – used as a trainer for generations of German Air Force and Navy pilots.

It is a lot of fun to fly in MFS for local and cross-country flights. (The avionics make it "steam-gauge" IFR capable.) Sadly, at least so far, it does not really do training-level stalls and spins. Understanding that, the only former P.149 pilot I know vouches for the "within the envelope" flight model. (And a few now-minor glitches remain – as we sometimes encounter in this first-generation ambitious application of the Asobo SDK.)

All said, if you are looking for something that provides a rich and distinct experience, this ATSimulations model will reward your time and attention. Highly recommended!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

4 minutes ago, riverreveal said:

@scotchegg @marsman2020 @MM Thanks for the responses guys.

@Chock Thanks for the video, great in-depth review! Also watched the Spitfire video you made. Looks like I will be buying two planes later today!

If you prefer, you can give me the money and I will make some plane noises for you. Neeeeeeoww! (that one was free, to persuade you what an excellent offer this is). 🤣

For an additional fee, I can also make gun noises: Dakka! Dakka! Dakka! and say things like 'Hello Red Leader, Red Two here.' It's as real as it gets!

• Like 3

Alan Bradbury

Where do I get this update? This gets a little bit annoying for me, I know it is partially my fault, but keeping track on every update for any addon I have is cumbersome... 

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Just download it again and install the updated aeroplane. You should have an email link. Not the best system, but there it is.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Finally got around to downloading this. Great plane and a pleasure to fly. Perfect for VFR.  Also slots in nicely performance wise between my Jabiru and the Carenado Mooney.

One curiosity I noticed is that whilst it flies fine and the stick in the cockpit matches your yoke movement exactly, the right aileron visually seems to have less movement then the left. Basically from about 70% stick onwards in either direction the right aileron stops moving but the left aileron keeps going.  Anyone else seeing this ?

I have linear sensitivity on the yoke profile so it is not my settings. Is this oddity a visual glitch or is it something real to do with the way the ailerons behave in the real aircraft (trim or something? ) .

It is not a big issue and does not effect flying it, just curious if other people have noticed the same thing and what might be causing it.

• Like 1

This thing is outrageous fun to fly with the canopy back.

No idea if your actually allowed to do this in a real one. I suspect not.

• Like 2

This aircraft is one of the first I bought, but is still on my favourite list, especially for a blast around the Alps.  It is very very immersive and atmospheric, and flies great; it just feels right, and the sounds help - addictive!

If you get some of Jan's repaints and the 'better camera's pack' from flightsim.to, you are sorted! :biggrin: 

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I think that all of us would also recommend Ron Attwood's paints D-EMPI, D-EARY, D-EOBU, 91-02, and N148JZ. All at our AVSIM library.

• Like 1

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

/|\ My PR man. 😁

• Like 1

How long does it take for 'smug' to wear off after buying an EV?

"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled". Whoever said it wasn't wrong!