Sign in to follow this  
angeli662

Help with the Pimax vision 8K X. please!

I am new to the VR world so if anyone here would be kind to explain how to set up the Pimax Vision 8K X with the MSFS 2020 would be most appreciated.

My first question is, do I need base stations or just the glasses will work?

I have the DP plugged into DP on the RTX 3090 Hybrid FTW3  but the only thing I see is a out of space landscape, I have tried to press the Cntrl + TAB in MSFS 2020 but nothing happens.

I have install the pitool and it detect just fine but windows doesn't see any other displays except the USB display I use to see the desktop.

Any suggestion?

thanks

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

You will need base stations to get 6 degrees of freedom. Meaning you can lean forward to view the instruments, etc. Without base stations, it's like your head is stuck in one place, and you can only turn it. I cannot fly like that, it makes me sick.

You will need PiTool installed, and then install Steam VR. You will then open Steam VR from Pitool, NOT from Steam itself. The consensus seems to be that you will need to have Parallel Projections turned on in PiTool with the pimax. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, moespeeds said:

You will need base stations to get 6 degrees of freedom. Meaning you can lean forward to view the instruments, etc. Without base stations, it's like your head is stuck in one place, and you can only turn it. I cannot fly like that, it makes me sick.

You will need PiTool installed, and then install Steam VR. You will then open Steam VR from Pitool, NOT from Steam itself. The consensus seems to be that you will need to have Parallel Projections turned on in PiTool with the pimax. 

I bought the  HTC SteamVR Base Station 2.0 but the pitool does not detect it, do I need 2 to get this thing to work? thxs.

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

No, one will work just fine. Mount it about 30 degrees off center in front of you, At least 4 feet away. You can switch the channel using a paper clip in the hole in the back, that may be the issue. 

• Like 1