Sign in to follow this  
cbreeze

P3dv4.5 custom install question

Greetings,

I just got a new computer and for the time being, plan on supporting three flight sims.  XPlane, P3d and MSFS 2020. I have had XPlane and P3d for several years with a number of add on aircraft and airports I do not want to loose.  I have 3 SSD hard drives one for each flight sim. The computer came with the three sims preinstalled. I intended on installing my add on programs myself.  My problem is this, up to now I am use to all the sims sitting on one drive (the main c drive).  Life was easy because anytime I installed something, I used the default install with the various programs and seldom had a problem. Now I am not sure how how to add the various programs to P3dv4.5  P3dV4.5 is the only directory on the drive and I am not sure how to do the installs.  Can someone please give me some advice on how to do this?  I have tried checking the internet for this particular problem and I haven't found too much out there. I have XPlane up and running with all my add on programs.  XPlane is much easier to work with especially for those with little computer knowledge.  P3D no so much.

Thanks in advance.

Chuck B.

Any addon should come with an installer that will locate your sim through the registry, i never install my sims on the C drive, other than that the addon should give you the install location before installing you change this by pointing it to the install location of your choice. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Thanks for your response but I may not have explained my problem clearly.  I’ll try again. 

I have P3d installed on drive X: No other programs or directories are there.

The A2A installer looks like this:

c:\Users\Chuck\Documents\Prepare 3D v4 Add ons\A2A

If I change the install to go to X: how are the directories (users, Chuck, documents, Prepare 3D v4 Add ons. A2A)  that are not on X: created?  This is what I’m not getting.  Are they created during the install?Do I have to manually create them before executing the install? Hope this helps.

Thank you

Edited by cbreeze
Spelling

Because no matter were your P3D is installed it will have Documents\Prepare 3D v xxx Add ons\ for both if you have them installed v4 and v5. That`s how you can tell what addons are installed in you sim buy checking that folder. MY P3Dv5 is installed in F Drive but in the C Documents folder i have a P3D v5 addons folder and a P3Dv5 Files Folder.

Edited by G-RFRY

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

You can also move the documents folder to another drive, so that your C drive will be less filled. I have SODE only on the C drive. This will become very large too. I'm not sure, if it's possible to have this somewhere else. 

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods