Sign in to follow this  
MSFS Ralf

ORBX Balears and Canary Islands

Hi pilots,

for a few days these new add ons are on sale. Got mine yesterday. First flights into Palma and Ibiza today. Well done, ORBX. I did not trust me eyes when I crossed a cool looking water fun parc on Ibiza’s 24 final. The whole scenery looks so real. South to the Canary Islands tomorrow.

• Like 3

Fan of Lanzarote and Fuerteventura IRL... The shots look so real that I am tempted to buy it too !

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

With the issue of being completely unable to obtain new hardware this Xmas in both the console and PC markets (the blight of scalpers and their bots), all I could do was to purchase add-ons for flight sims. Orbx benefitted quite well out of that. I wasn't that bothered when the Balearics were released back in the summer but the sale price during Xmas was well worth adding to my XP11 library. As for the Canary Islands, I must have been one of the first people to snap it up on Boxing Day morning. Absolutely can't stop flying around the Islands especially ever since as I would normally be in Lanzarote right now if it weren't for the global pandemic. To conclude, they are both great additions to the X-Plane 11 scenery library and it seems the only way to enjoy the Islands this winter. 

• Like 3

i9-10900k @ 5GHz | 32GB DDR4 3600MHz C16 | 970 EVO M.2 Boot Drive | 870 EVO SSD Sim Drive | ROG Strix RTX 3080 Ti O12G Gaming
i7-4790k @ 4GHz | 32GB DDR3 2133MHz | KINGSTON V300 SSD Boot Drive | AORUS GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition 11G
Win 10 Pro 22H2 x64 | GeForce 551.86 WHQL | Oculus Runtime 29.0.0.54.528 | Oculus Rift CV1 & S | Acer Predator XB281HK G-Sync 4K | Saitek X52 | T.Flight Rudder Pedals | MS Sidewinder FF2 | Xbox Series X | T.Flight Hotas One | Steam Deck | FS9, FSX, FSX SE, P3D V2, V3, V4, V5, V6, FSW, XP 10.51, XP 11.55, XP 12.0.9-rc-5, AFS2, AFS4, FlyInside FS, DCS, MSFS

Hi,

Orbx Balaerics & Canaries do look great, and up to their high usual high standard, however I have been using the freeware HD Spain

photoreal for the past year, although it's 4-5 years old I rate it extremely highly.

Thanks for sharing. Stunning graphics. At first I thought the screenshots were modified:

https://orbxdirect.com/product/eu-balearic-hd-xp11

But this video shows their screenshots are real and unmodified:

https://www.youtube.com/embed?listType=playlist&modestbranding=1&autoplay=1&playlist=MhSzFif0E7Q, (Southampton airport).

Really amazing