Sign in to follow this  
DylanM

Update on FSLTL AI freeware project

Glad they were able to resolve the issues with AIG:

After a brief discussion with @oTLRo, AIG artist and representative, we have found that a misunderstanding had a place.

Now FSLTL-AIG agreement stands as follows:

• We still don’t have rights to host or modify AIG models. Precisely these are B752, B753, J328, PC12 and an A124
  • We have no right to modify or host any AIG-created textures. This has no impact on FSLTL as we never intended to do so - FSLTL will require an ordinary FLAi installation to function. FSLTL will have the full amount of liveries on release.

I’m glad that we have overcome this, together. We did this by talking calmly and to the point. I have no moderation capabilities here, so the only thing I can is ask you to behave with dignity and treat each other with respect. Please, do so.

Still, as FSLTL is a community-open project, you can help it by contributing your liveries while we’re finishing our work. This includes complete reworks(not modification!) of existing ones, and creating new ones that aren’t included into FLAi now. All livery artists obviously will have access to the closed alpha and will be properly credited.

If you would like to participate, contact (@SofieGrozovski ) on Discord 2 or by mail (sofiegrozovski@gmail.com)

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Bring it on. I am tired of looking at the generic planes. Game changer for me personally as I love AI.

• Like 4

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I’ve no ideas what any of that means, I’d just like a one click installer and then the skies filled with traffic with the correct liveries 🙂 

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I’ve no ideas what any of that means, I’d just like a one click installer and then the skies filled with traffic with the correct liveries 🙂 

That's exactly what this is (matches up the aircraft model and livery with live traffic in the sim) 🙂

Trailer Two (Winter) | FS Live Traffic Liveries - YouTube

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DylanM said:

That's exactly what this is (matches up the aircraft model and livery with live traffic in the sim) 🙂

Trailer Two (Winter) | FS Live Traffic Liveries - YouTube

Brilliant, look forward to the release. I hope it also solved the problem when live AI land, they just disappear before taxing to the gate. 

• Like 1

the issue with AIG is actual not "solved", we just made clear to her, that she actual do not need the premission from the painters as long as her addon does not contain them.

FSLTL will be - as far as we at AIG know - build on some other package (FLAi), so it is not a single installer, it is just a modification to an exisiting package. So users need the FLAi package and the Addon by FSLTL.

AIG is working on a tool, that will provide an all in one solution

• Like 5

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

1 minute ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Brilliant, look forward to the release. I hope it also solved the problem when live AI land, they just disappear before taxing to the gate. 

thats a problem within the Sim, nothing 3rd party devs can fix at the moment^^

• Like 2

Yes, that is a complete misrepresentation of what FSLTL have been told and is completely inaccurate. There is no agreement, the position from yesterday is unchanged.
This constant rush they have to proclaim and announce things prematurely is doing them no favours at all.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

AIG is working on a tool, that will provide an all in one solution

I've mentioned this before that I have massive respect for AIG and all of the painters associated with your group. While your dev will take more time, we need something to compensate the pain of having to endure seeing the generic models/paints, no surprise there's a big push to get anything released.

Any idea on the ETA for the OCI? Mid-2021, later?

• Like 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

48 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

Not true. This shows how little AIG knows about the matter. This is a problem FSLTL has figured out.

Edited by MaVe64

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

11 minutes ago, MaVe64 said:

Not true. This shows how little AIG knows about the matter. This is a problem FSLTL has figured out.

Then we are talking about different problems 😉 AI is still kind of buggy in the Sim

OK, respect your distance and handbags at the ready!

Edited by sauviat
  • Like 1

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

1 hour ago, Kaiii3 said:
1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

This is from FSLTL:

Most of the improvements went live two or three weeks ago, they are server-side, so this has nothing to do with MSFS updates.

1. Asobo’s live traffic better delegates radar data to AI. This affects mostly ground traffic - landed and departing planes rarely disappear now.
  2. Amount. Increased more than 10 times, no joke! I believe they had AI with half features disabled on launch as they were untested. I assume all extrapolation was disabled, aircraft with insufficient data just weren’t displayed. Now they do(sometimes you can see extrapolation doing funny things), and sim shows nearly all flightaware planes.
  3. Delay. It’s necessary to delay flights in-air relative to the real ones to make possible ATC and player communications/interference. On launch delay was about 45 minutes, now from 5 to 15.
  • Like 3

That are fixes on the MS Server  nothing FSLTL has fixed, Sofie just shared her observations.