AIG is better IMO, and free

I want less drama. I can afford $40. 🙂

• Like 7
  • Upvote 6

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

3 hours ago, Manny said:

I want Flight1 Live Traffic. 🙂

Worked beautifully in P3D and performance was excellent. Would love if they were one of the ones first out of the gate. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Manny said:

I want less drama. I can afford $40. 🙂

You can ignore the drama. It's not hard.

Does anyone know if this project is still alive after the permissions drama?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

These people managed to get a long-standing livery matching project for VATSIM on P3D and FSX shut down by trying to mod it work with MSFS....not sure where they intend to get liveries now. 

If you follow their chain of threads back the very first thing they did was mod IVAO models and liveries to shove them into MSFS, which goes against the license for the IVAO content.  Their entire first thread is tagged with a disclaimer about not distributing people's work without permission on the official MSFS forum.

Seems like nothing but troublemakers to me.

Edited by marsman2020

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

On 1/14/2021 at 2:15 AM, Tuskin38 said:

AIG is better IMO, and free

AIG announced they are not going to work on traffic for MSFS. They're sticking to P3D. Nice move after killing FLAi for Vatsim on MSFS.

• Upvote 3

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

On 1/8/2021 at 10:17 PM, dobee51 said:

If all they need are liveries, just post a link to GIMP and the templates and go for it.

I did four liveries the other day...

Have you joined their discord so you can help making liveries?

If you (or anyone else) want to make liveries for FSLTL say so. 

Edited by MaVe64

29 minutes ago, MaVe64 said:

AIG announced they are not going to work on traffic for MSFS. They're sticking to P3D. Nice move after killing FLAi for Vatsim on MSFS.

Is that true? If so, I missed it. Link?

James

2 minutes ago, honanhal said:

Is that true? If so, I missed it. Link?

James

Heard it's in their discord.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MaVe64 said:

Heard it's in their discord.

I just looked. For others, here's exactly what Kaiii3 says there:

"Focus of development (software) has been shifted back to other projects with more possibilities. Maybe we can port them over to MSFS at some point"

and

"Our Focus in the AIG Software Department has been shifted to ptojects that can be used cross plattforms later.

Until there is no valid timeline for the SDK our internal team can not work on the conversions

without conversions no models, that can be used in OCI

so why no waste time on AIM/OCI for MSFS....

working solo on 5 major software solutions for AIG, I need to set my focus on the stuff we can get the most output for our team and users"

My two cents on this: I understand that the SDK undoubtedly creates frustrations. That said, with the greatest respect for what AIG has given the community over many years, it's hard not to see this as a kick in the teeth. AIG has shut down multiple stopgap AI solutions for MSFS (yes, those projects used AIG materials without permission).

I'm not interested in arguing about whether AIG had the right, legally or morally, to do that. Nature abhors a vacuum, we've got a massive sucking hole where real-world AI should be in MSFS, and until something fills that hole various projects with a shaky commitment to intellectual property rules will continue to pop up. If AIG won't take up the torch because they don't have time -- which is their prerogative -- can I suggest they maybe take a little less time playing whack-a-mole with these half-assed projects?

James

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, MaVe64 said:

They will die a death then . MSFS is the future . 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, MaVe64 said:

That's shocking behaviour if it's true, they might have no choice if they want to survive in the future, because if Asobo get things right with MSFS I just don't see any long term future for P3D in the Entertainment/mainstream flight simming. I do think Xplane will survive though, which will be a good thing for us simmers.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

21 minutes ago, eaim said:

That's shocking behaviour if it's true, they might have no choice if they want to survive in the future, because if Asobo get things right with MSFS I just don't see any long term future for P3D in the Entertainment/mainstream flight simming. I do think Xplane will survive though, which will be a good thing for us simmers.

They're waiting for the MSFS SDK to have more options for AI. P3D still has better AI related features.

11 hours ago, marsman2020 said:

These people managed to get a long-standing livery matching project for VATSIM on P3D and FSX shut down by trying to mod it work with MSFS....not sure where they intend to get liveries now. 

If you follow their chain of threads back the very first thing they did was mod IVAO models and liveries to shove them into MSFS, which goes against the license for the IVAO content.  Their entire first thread is tagged with a disclaimer about not distributing people's work without permission on the official MSFS forum.

Seems like nothing but troublemakers to me.

There was a misunderstanding between the FSLTL team and AIG regarding permissions. Some of AIG authors thought FSLTL was going to distribute their models/liveries without permission, which was never going to happen.

FSLTL was never going to distribute any liveries/models without permission from the original authors, any permissions they couldn't get, the end user would have to get the assets themselves from FLAi (if it hadn't shutdown), from what I understand, all FSLTL would have provided in that case are the aircraft.cfg files that would allow MSFS to load the aircraft, none of the actual models or textures themselves would be in FSLTL's files.

That is also what the original IVAO mod you mentioned did, it didn't come with any models and textures from IVAO, it came with instructions and a python file to help the end user to convert the files they downloaded so the AI could use them.

FSLTL team says they still have a bunch of liveries and models, I'm assuming those are the ones they already got permission for before FLAi was shut down.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Upvote 2