Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

Currently what is the best GA aircraft for MSFS2020

Hey guys,

We all know that this SIM is in huge development.  what I want to know what is the best aircraft right now for MSFS2020.  I know mods are there for the Airbus but I am looking for GA plane (payware or freeware).  I have the complete MSFS Deluxe Premium - the works package.

There has to be 1 or 2 planes which do stand out and almost complete.

Please list the the top 2 GA birds.

Thanks

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

RY's TNB G-36 mod and the AT Simulations FW P149D are my two favorite GA.  The Mooney ain't bad.

For bush flying you can't beat Got Gravel.  3 out of the 5 are free!

HTH- C

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

My order: TBM, Bonanza, Mooney (payware), Baron (only because its what I fly IRL, not modeled well), 152, Cirrus SR22, Savage Cub, Robin, DA62

My favorites:

Robert Young's Turbo Bonanza mod

The VL-3 915 mod + Working Title G3X dev version (to provide AP controls)

GotGravel's Savage Carbon and Grravel mods

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

Carenado M20 and PA-44 and the C182T is great as well.

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

- Robert Young's Turbo Bonanza mod
- TBM 930

These are my two go-to ac. 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

- Carenado Mooney

- TBM 930

- C172 default (steam gauges)

• Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

My favorite is the Carenado Mooney. My second favorite is the Carenado M20R, and my 3rd favorite is the Carenado Ovation. 😀

Even with a mixture control & EGT that are useless, I still gravitate toward this bird. It's nimble, fast, and behaves like a real thing.

Did I mention that is fun to fly? 😀

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I'm loving the Mooney at the moment.  The TBM is great too.  I haven't tried the Bonanza mod or the Got Gravel yet as I'm having too much fun with the Mooney. 

NONE of the addons are perfect every single one has issues of some sort and they are being continually broken by new packages. Ironically some of the freeware is better sorted than the payware. Also a lot of aircraft have control sensitivity and  ground roll issues - payware or not - it is a generic sim issue

OK my top 2 freeware and top 2 payware

Freeware  (note numbers 3 and 4 have been added for fun value rather than quality/accuracy):

1. I fly the the C152X realism mod a lot, the modified C152 is one of the better behaved aircraft around
  2. +1 on the Turbo Normalised Bonanza mod from Rob Young
  3. The Savage Carbon Addon is insane and outrageous fun
  4. The Grumman Goose Mod is definitely a work in progress and rough around the edges but the Goose has become my goto water landing plane 😄 also ...  radial engines !!

Payware:

1. only just got the Carenado Mooney at the sale but seems to fly well and they have sorted out most of previous the issues with it
  2. the Iris Jabiru package,  I use this for circuits and low and slow exploration, a very good value package with two airframes with two cockpits for each and some very well thought out and fun Aussie bush trips.  Like most addons a few minor FM issues (take off with no flaps and go easy on throttle/rudder/brakes) but support is good and Iris do monthly fixes and updates

Some random videos ( I have none of the Moonie yet but will do one some time soon):

1. Water landing in the Grumman Goose (Milford Sound with freeware mod)

2. Glass cockpit Jabiru J170 at payware Southport QLD

3. Steam Cockpit Jabiru at freeware NZRO

4. typical insane nonsense from the Savage Carbon mod (takeoff is FSDT pay ware Key West but you do not really get to see it)

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Little Jenny said:

'Best' is very subjective.  My 'best' planes are the TBM, Mooney and steam gauge 172.

@DJJose, I'm not understanding what your favorite plane is.  Hehehe...

Not the best, just my favorite. 😀

BTW, the TPM you recommended makes this airplane even more enjoyable.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

-Carenado Mooney

-Rob Young Bonanza mod

- Bush League Legends Cub mod

-working title CJ4

- TBM 930