Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

Currently what is the best GA aircraft for MSFS2020

1 minute ago, DJJose said:

Not the best, just my favorite. 😀

BTW, the TPM you recommended makes this airplane even more enjoyable.

That's fantastic!!!! 

For included in the sim I'd say the TBM for me.  Take off and landing is "fairly slow".  Faster than a C172 but a lot slower than an airliner, yet it gets up and goes almost airliner speed and altitude when I want to go for a good trip. Paired with the G3000 mod from WT it's great.  I'd have said with the TBM mod as well but it seems as though the author had to abandon it and I'm not even sure if it works since the last update 😞

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

I think the King Air and the DA62 are pretty good for default aeroplanes, they both seem to work pretty well. Granted they might not be 100 percent accurate to the real things, but they both work well enough with no tweaks to be decent IFR aeroplanes with a decent range.

All of the Carenado payware planes are alright, but they are somewhat marred by having locked config files which limits their utility a little bit and there is the odd thing in them which doesn't work as well as it should, but there's no real showstoppers. The ATS Focke Wulf/Piaggio 149 is very nice, but at the moment it is marred by a few teething troubles which will probably be patched soon enough.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Tough question to answer because you are asking: "What IS the best GA aircraft in MSFS". So you are asking for a single "best" aircraft but there are more than one "best" aircraft right now lol

46 minutes ago, Little Jenny said:

'Best' is very subjective.  My 'best' planes are the TBM, Mooney and steam gauge 172.

@DJJose, I'm not understanding what your favorite plane is.  Hehehe...

Is the steam gauge 172 different with regard to flight model than the G1000 C172 ? How does it compare to the A2A 172 for FSX regarding realism ?

I'm pretty sure it's the same plane, just with a different panel (steam gauges vs G1000).  No idea really how it compares to the A2A 172 as I never had that (guessing though that the A2A has a much better flight model).  I'm not a real world pilot and despite my decades of flight sim experience, I'm still pretty clueless when it comes to flight dynamics.  I just fly and hope I don't crash.  Hehehe...The new sim has me doing more learning though and trying to get a better understanding of the flying.

The only issue I really notice with the 172s  in MSFS is that the autopilot has a tendency to want to kill me on random occasions (hasn't been trying as much lately though, thankfully).  😉  

• Like 1

I'm also fond of the Grumman Goose though it is a work in progress its still very flyable and looks great.

Cessna C-172 (Steam Version)

TBM 930

Carenado Mooney

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Can't add to the planes that have already been pointed out, but really have to throw my support behind @robert young's Turbo Bonanza mod.  Had an opportunity years ago to work on one in my college days (for my Airframe/Avionics) and at some point was taken up in one, so have a sweet spot for them.  Also, it's Robert Young!!!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

I forgot to add Working Title CJ-4 which is also GA aircraft and my favorite GA "tube" 🙂

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1. Carenado 182

2. G36 - default btw

3. 172 - G1000 or steam 

My favorite is the AT Simulations Focke-Wulf P.149D.  Mike Gutierrez, North Hollywood, California.

Michael Gutierrez. North Hollywood, California

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

I forgot to add Working Title CJ-4 which is also GA aircraft and my favorite GA "tube" 🙂

Yeah I forget that it’s a GA myself. So I definitely have to add the WT CJ4 in with my earlier TBM suggestion as well. That WT mod is amazing. Does some vnav stuff now that I’m not sure even the A32NX mod can do yet

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro