Sign in to follow this  
Guest RobA

Aeroworx B22 King Air for FSX?

Guest RobA

Hi Ken, Sorry, should have posted more specs. I'm running Win XP (X64 version). Got ahead of myself by buying the 64 bit AMD chip and Windows OS for it I think. There are still no drivers to run the scanner portion of my HP All-In-One... sheeesh. :-)Rob

Guest NiteTiger

Every plane I've pulled over from 04 had the same black panel problem. Then I followed some advice in an update file readme (can't remember the author, sorry whoever you are!) that said to copy all the .cab files in the panel folders of the default aircraft in FSX to the main FSX gauges folder. Haven't seen a black panel since, even on planes that didn't have an update. Have you tried that yet?

Guest RobA

Thanks for that tip. Sorry tho, it didn't work for me. Tried putting the gauges in the respective panel folders as well but the same black screen. I'll just wait for the new FSX release of this aircraft. Didn't hurt to try!!Rob

Ditto for me. The .cab files are in the gauges folder. However, I am able to switch to the VC panel. Very odd. I've checked several things in the panel.cfg and the aircraft.cfg and have not come up with a solution. I really would like to fly this aircraft in FSX. It's one of my all time favorites.Thanks to everyone.

Did you copy the Aeroworx folder from FS9 to FSX? Also, there are effect files (awb200) that also need to be copied to FSX effect. I hope you get it working. It is not 100% but a great pleasure to fly.

Rob,1. Try copying the Flight Simulator 9Guagesawb*.cab and awx*.GAU over to "Flight Simulator XGuages" folder.2. Try copying the Flight Simulator 9Effectsfx_awb*.* over to Flight Simulator XEffects folder3. Flight Simulator 9AircraftAeroworx Super King Air B200 over to Flight Simulator xEffectsSimObjectsAirplanes folderTake a backup of your FSX Guages and Effects folder prior to doing this. I think the awb belongs to the Aeros King air.Some vendors name their stuff properly so its easily identifiable.MannyPS The Autopilot works for me ..cause I use a Hardware TR-1 Avionics and operate the AP from that unit. But I just tested the AP both in 2D and in VC. Both of them works.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest RobA

Hi Manny, I tried this out and finally I can get a VC to show in two of the models. No autopilot though. Using Shift + x to toggle the various windows only shows black screens. I can at least hand fly it and trimming it for level flight isn't too hard. Nice to at least have in back in FSX for the time being, thanks! I'll have to wait for a new update to FSX to get full use of it.Best regards,Rob

Guest wrdekler

Hi,I'm also trying to get the B200 to work in FSX. As I'm currently running FSX only I'd love to get this great plane to work until I can buy the upgrade (later this year?).The symptoms are common: the plane is up and running as seen from any outside view, but inside the cockpit is missing (both VC and 2D). Pressing the A key gives a black 2D main panel.I did the following things:installed the B200 2.01 package in a new directory (there's no FS9 dir).Copy the Aeroworx directory to the FSX root.Copy the Aeroworx Super King Air B200 directory to FSXsimobjectsairplanesCopy the files in the effects directory to FSXeffectsCopy one of the fonts in the fonts directory to FSXFonts (the other font was already there).Copy the .cab & .gau files to FSXGauges and to all FSXsimobjectsairplanesAeroworx Super King Air B200model and panel directories. Copy the two modules dll files to FSXmodulesNow the planes could be selected and when prompted with a missing signature message I selected to load the module and not prompt me again.FSX then starts the selected flight but with the symptoms which I described earlier...In an other thread on AVSIM someone mentioned that you can try editing the model.cfg file in each model directory and add a line reffering to the interior. For example, the model.cfg in the model directory first read:[models]normal=awb200and has been changed to:[models]normal=awb200interior=awb200This fixed problems with payware aircrafts and the FSX beta. In my case it didn't make any difference. I also ran a Filemon session to try to find any hints of FSX having trouble to access the files but all seems to be well in this regard.So at the moment none of the B200 models work for me while several people are reporting reasonable to good succes.I'd love to see some suggestions what I can try next... Please :-zhelp It's driving me *:-* ;)